We survived my first night/our longest time away from Lewis this past weekend (and had a blast doing so)! We went to Waycross for Alumni Work Camp and ended up painting the entire exterior of the main floor of the Mara House (hopefully other crews can finish the lower level over the next few weeks). There were about 12 of us, I think, and it felt great accomplishing so much and was also great seeing old friendly faces (and eating Waycross cookies).
Kevin was responsible for painting that upper section
Kendra rolled the cinder block and I followed behind to trim out the top, bottom, and inside the cracks/seams
We completed the gray on Saturday and then came back and trimmed out the windows in white on Sunday. Saturday evening, we started off with some Euchre, followed by a good ol' game of Kings, and the pictures kind of went downhill from there. :)
Just getting started.
We had a blast. We ended up playing two rounds of Kings and then some of us went for a night hike down to the beach. We saw a few amazing shooting stars, and I read the next day that it was The Lyrids meteor shower we were seeing! Very cool!
We got back to Louisville mid-afternoon on Sunday, and Lewis seemed happy to see us, although quite fussy from not getting as much sleep as usual and being in pain from teething. Sunday evening was pretty rough, but he woke up Monday morning in a much better mood.
I went to open one of our cabinets Sunday evening and found this:
I guess he was playing with his grandpa's Diet Pepsi bottle.
During Lew's dinner on Sunday, I was unpacking or straightening things up or something (something other than paying attention to what he was doing). I'd put out cauliflower, turkey, string cheese, macaroni and cheese, and some grapes for him, all mixed together on his tray. When I came back over to check on him, this is what I'd found: his first self-initiated sorting activity! (Or his first sign of being a little OCD. Something!)
On his own, he took the grapes from the middle of his tray and put them all in the cupholder spot on his tray.
(There is one stray piece of turkey that was included, too.)
Lastly, some pictures of his new favorite thing to do--climb on the furniture! In the living room upstairs, he can get up on the coffee table, the wicker storage cubes (which don't have THAT much area on top for him to maneuver safely, so I discourage those), the ottoman, and he's ohsoclose to getting up in the big comfy chair (I give him a little boost on his booty). Yesterday afternoon, he kept wanting to climb up in it, sit for a few minutes, then climb down. Then up, then down, and up, and down.
Here are some photos of him getting down safely:
Little Man in a Big Chair
And looking like his cousin, Juniper, I think.
The Slide
The Flip
And Down.
Last week he really started fighting one of his two naps (sometimes morning, sometimes afternoon), so I took a cue from my friend Rachel who had recently consolidated her son to one nap and gave it a shot--so far, so good! He's been going down for nap right after lunch and sleeping 2 to 2 1/2 (one day even 3) hours.
I'm trying to adjust my/our routine now with this change--I'm getting up early to shower (before Kevin wakes up) and we run errands after breakfast. [I used to take my shower during a.m. nap, and we'd run errands after lunch and before p.m. nap.] Instead of taking a morning walk, we've taken an afternoon walk a few times after nap. So we're making some adjustments.
He and his cousin do favor each other! I love that he's OCD like his mommy and auntie!
ReplyDeleteDon't they? I really thought so in that first picture of him on the chair. And he definitely seems to appreciate order and everything having its place. It doesn't seem I've had enough time to make him that way, so maybe he was born that way?
DeleteI'm glad you survived your night away AND had fun doing it! It's good for all of you. He sure is a climber just like his mommy. I think he and Juni have the same shaped face. Can't wait to see them both!!
ReplyDeleteAnything he can hike a knee up on, he will climb. He's wild! He's become suddenly obsessed with it--nothing is safe! :)
Delete