Friday, March 9, 2012

Still Not 100%

We kind of had a low-key week this week. Lewis is/was finally getting back to his old self, so we didn't overdo it. He is still not eating normally but is better than he was. I see no new teeth, so I have a feeling this isn't the end of things.

We did venture out to Little Treasures (consignment sale) one day which was good but overwhelming (as usual)...I went in with specific ideas of what Lewis needs, and I feel like I did a good job of staying focused and was as efficient as I could be, considering how much stuff there is to look through. I found a few pieces of clothing, a few books, and a few pairs of (really, really cute) shoes, all for just over $30, so not bad! They will restock over the weekend, so we might run over there again next week to focus on the clothing a bit more (I only skimmed the first time).

We went to swim lessons last evening, and Lewis was 'that child' who screamed most of the time. I thought that when he did that LAST week, it was because of his teething/runny nose (so we left early), but this week I thought he should have been all better. I think the biggest problem was when I put him on his back--first off, he doesn't like to be on his back on land or on water, and secondly, I don't think he likes having water in his ears. The instructor said that is common, so that made me feel better.

Although, he also broke out into a scream NOT being on his back, too--I was just pulling him along in the water, face-to-face, and Waaaaaaaaahhh! (as if I'd taken away his favorite toy or sippy cup). It was pretty bad. Going under the water, he was fine. Swimming (being pushed) from me to the instructor and vice versa, he was fine. Sitting up on the edge, he wanted to just grab onto me again. Laying on his back, bad. Kevin did come over while Lew was on his back and stood in his line of sight to try to distract him, which worked somewhat, but he still was just really resistant to things that used to not bother him! So we have two lessons to go--I hope he feels better about it all next week! I certainly don't want him to be afraid.

A few pictures from our week:
 Poor Peter (since I rearranged the furniture), checking out the activity outside the window
 Sweet Little Monkey, ready to cheer on IU vs. Penn State (they won!)
Then they lost to Wisconsin today. That's okay, though. Onto the Big Dance we go...
 This one I'm putting in for Emily's sake--doesn't this look like a Juni pose?
He'd thrown something down, and his stance totally reminded me of Juniper. I can just hear her little cackle. :)
 Discovery Bottle (finally)
Lewis has been getting into the spice cabinet lately and likes to carry around the small plastic jars of spices and shake them (red pepper flakes are his favorite). I've seen these Discovery Bottles on Pinterest where you put in different objects, some by themselves, some in water or another liquid, and you let your kiddo go to town, shaking and watching whatever is inside. 
I picked up some items at JoAnn's the last time I was there, but I wasn't sure what to use for bottles. I wanted plastic (duh), and I wanted something small enough for Lewis to easily grasp. At Kroger this week, there were some single serving apple ciders on clearance for 50 cents a pop, so I bought six! Perfect! I've only drank two so far, so Lewis only has the cut up straws (above) as well as some small jingle bells. I also bought wooden beads, small glittery pom poms (to float in water), small plastic beads, and pipe cleaners (that will be fun with a magnet, too). We'll see how it goes! So far, he seems to like shaking them and making 'music' with them. He also has a renewed interest in his maracas from Auntie Em and Uncle Joe.

We spent a lot of time in the basement this week--we being me, Lewis, Peter, and Hattie. One of Lew's favorite things to do is chase the dogs, and they are slowly warming up to the idea. Even Hattie (Miss Hattie Diva ChaCha) is becoming more tolerant. After awhile, they do both get tired of having to be on guard and having their tails yanked, but for the most part they are really good with Lewis.
 Snuggling with Peter
 Hugs with Hattie Lou
 Seriously?
Urgh, that baby. Is it his bedtime yet? :)

So that was our week! Lew and I are heading up to a baby shower on Sunday and then onto my parents' house for a visit, so I'm sure I'll have some pictures from all of that. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.


And, before I forget, Lewis wanted to wish his Uncle Scott a very happy birthday today! Hope you had a nice day, Scott. I think you and Lewis will be hanging out soon.

1 comment:

  1. I totally see it on that stance. Too cute. Here's to a better week!!!

    ReplyDelete