Friday, September 21, 2012

Family Pictures and Carter Reunion

We headed up to my parents' house last weekend for family pictures and the Carter family reunion. We had absolutely perfect weather for both! Our pictures are on their way to us for prints and Christmas cards--for now, they can be seen on my cousin Leitia's blog here. I'm so glad we had her do them for us, and I'm so happy with the ones I've seen so far!

And now, my pictures from the weekend:
 Bananas on Lewis' head at breakfast before hitting the road
Sometimes he takes food and rubs it on his hair. Peanut butter has been the best. Sometimes he combs his hair with his fork, too.

 After pictures on Saturday, Mom wanted to take us to a restaurant nearby, Cammack Station. The food was great and the decor was fun and old-timey. Mom got a chocolate malt, and Lewis was VERY happy to help her with it. :)
 Feed me, Seymour!

Sunday was the reunion--we had a really good turnout! We ate lunch, chatted some, and then I went to help Kevin wrangle Lewis. (As I was talking to people, I kept catching them run by out the corner of my eye.) I found them down by the playground.

Mom and I walked with Kevin and Lewis down to the lake to feed the ducks (something we've done forever, since we were little). I still remember the (evil) ducks chasing us down on the bank and having bruised fingers from them biting me as I fed them. This time they kept their distance and stayed in the water. Thankfully. :)
 Action Shot (feeding the ducks)
That white thing in the lower-right is bread that Lewis threw. He was so cute with it. :)
 
 Posing with the (evil) ducks
 Wheeeee!
 Getting Squirrely and Fading Fast
The reunion started at noon, and Lewis' nap is usually at 1pm, so he was fading a bit by the end. We said our goodbyes once he started kind of staring off into the distance. :)
One last picture before we go
Lewis with his newest cousin, Jerrett (7 weeks old)

We got on the road around 3pm, I believe, and I was nervous at first that we'd missed the window of opportunity for Lewis to fall asleep for nap. He was pretty wild the first 20 minutes or so...
 Not gonna nap, Mama!! You're stuck with me the whoooole way! :)
Thankfully, he was out approximately 2 minutes later. :)

It was a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love that face he's making with the banana on his head. "What? I don't have anything on my head, mama! YOU have banana on YOUR head, silly!"

    ReplyDelete