We had a fun Labor Day weekend. Saturday morning, we went couch shopping and ended up buying a couch (didn't really plan to that morning). We'd gone mid-week last week when Kevin was off and had an idea of what we were looking for, and we liked the store we visited Saturday, so we decided to take the plunge. It won't arrive for 6-8 weeks, still, so we have some time to wait for it. Kevin keeps pausing to visualize it in our living room (and having the hole-y/faded/stained couch and chair gone). I really like the sectional we ended up choosing!
After couch shopping, we stopped at the Unique Thrift Store, which we always drive by on the way to Kevin's parents' house, but I'd never been before. Holy moley, they had a ton of stuff! We were short on time (I'm sure Kevin was glad) before lunch/nap, so I didn't get to fully explore the place. Lewis and I will have to go back sometime. We did find Hot Wheels, and given Lewis' love of all things cars and trucks, we decided to buy some for him. BIG fan.
Vroom, Vroom!
Saturday afternoon/evening, Kevin had a fantasy football draft and Lewis and I headed over to Kate's parents' house for an end-of-the-summer pool party (though it was rainy, we did get to swim for a half hour or so). We had a very nice time (and I definitely want/need a screened-in porch at my next house so I can sit outside and talk and eat even when it's raining, preferably surrounded by woods).
Sunday morning, we decided to head to McDonald's to check out the PlayPlace (was still threatening to rain).
This was what Lewis did as Kevin was showering.
Which, by the way, he has started doing at bedtime now when Kevin is reading to him. Even though he's back in his crib, I think he's traumatized about being behind a closed door. So sad. :(
Anyway, onto the PlayPlace:
You have to wear socks to play, and we had no socks with us, so we had to buy them at the counter (only $1, so not bad). Next time, self, bring socks.
I see you, Dad!
Lew was a bit hesitant to climb up the structure, for good reason, so Kevin went up with him. Once you get inside, there is a system of tubes to crawl through high above. It was a bit bigger/scarier than we thought, so we probably won't go back until he's older. It was still fun, and now we know the situation.
At least they had a familiar slide to get back down to the ground!
And finally, yesterday was the UL/UK football game, so we made some appetizers for the big game. Lewis really liked the barbeque chicken pizza pinwheels! He picked one up and just started taking bites off of it.
Yum! And go Cards!
Don't mind the sharp object in his left hand--it's a cheese spreader. Not scary sharp, though it looks like he is ready to jab someone if they try to take his pinwheel. :)
He was eating tortilla chips, which he has had before, and he just walked over and dipped a chip into the queso, which he has NOT had before. I guess he liked it--he didn't get a lot on the chip, which is probably good since it was a little spicy.
What happened to your head, Lewis?!
And, finally, playing with the remote during a commercial break:
No comments:
Post a Comment