Wednesday, August 7, 2013

An Unexpected Break

Somehow we've managed to send Lewis away for an entire week with Gramma and Papaw Carter! My mom had mentioned wanting to come down to Louisville for a few days to take Lewis out for activities. Then she asked if they could take him back home with them after our Waycross weekend for a few nights. He's been doing so well and having so much fun, we've decided to just pick him up on our way to Wisconsin on Saturday! (I am starting to miss him, but I got to 'talk' to him on the phone this morning and he's doing just fine.)
Indianapolis Zoo 
Indiana State Fair

I am so thankful for the break, between the past month of non-napping nonsense and our vacation (aka 24-hour-a-day togetherness) next week. :) I'm trying to tackle some items on my to do list, but I spent Monday having some fun, too (not knowing I'd have the whole week 'off').


Just a few of the Things I Can't Normally Accomplish with Lewis in Tow:
  • Get a much-needed haircut.
  • Finally cash in on that Mother's Day pedicure (Thanks, Jim and Sharon! It was marvelous!).
  • Go out to lunch by myself at Panera, like the pre-motherhood days. (Where I happened to run into Rajon Rondo, UK alum and current Boston Celtic.)
    • Kevin jokes that I have a knack for running into a lot of the news personalities/local celebrities (I guess I have run into a lot of them!). Next on my radar is Jennifer Lawrence...she grew up in our neighborhood and was at a restaurant up the street for lunch a few weeks ago! Louisville...just call us the Hollywood of the Midwest (or Southeast or wherever we are). :)
  • Work on the front garden beds (since we live on a busy street and only play in the fenced-in backyard). Be gone, crabgrass! RIP, butterfly bushes.
  • Grocery shop in peace.
  • Go Targeting in peace.
  • Shop the Goodwill by our house (it's way too cramped for a cart, so I haven't gone in months).
  • Pack for vacation.
  • Go to a movie (Fruitvale Station, which was great) with Kevin on a Tuesday night (Side note: Who knew so many people go out on the town on a weeknight and after Lew's 7:30pm bedtime!?! The theater's parking lot was packed!).
  • Finally get into a book I've been meaning to read, literally, for like a year and a half (Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers), now that Lewis is 30 months old. :/ Better late than never.

I'm so grateful for this calm before vacation (thanks, Mom and Dad!). We're looking forward to our trip very much--I have packed as much as I can pack to this point, so today the goal is to complete a painting project (I've started our guest bedroom and master bathroom). I'd better get on that now.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for letting us have him!! anytime you want a mini vacation, send him to us. We loved having him!!!

    ReplyDelete