I'm sure Lewis was more than confused on Saturday--we met him and my mom in a Hardee's parking lot off of I-65 in Indianapolis. The reunion was sweeter than sweet--he had the biggest smile on his face when he saw us, and I just held him and hugged him and covered him with kisses for a good five minutes. After transferring his luggage, we hit the road again, Wisconsin-bound! (Thanks again, Mom and Dad, for everything.)
A lap full of cars and a new (to him) Bob the Builder book!
Our drive up was pretty uneventful, in a good way. We borrowed a friend's I-pass for the tolls in Illinois, so we were able to just zip on through all of those without stopping. We were surprised that we made it all the way to Milwaukee before having to stop for gas (and it was just another hour and a half after that to Oshkosh, I think).
We arrived Saturday afternoon, just before dinner. This was how our first jaunt into the yard went:
Get in the lake!? Ride boat?!
Dragging Dada down the dock
We actually took him out in the rowboat today, and he seemed to just want to go back to the house after a few minutes. Hopefully the newness has worn off for him--I totally couldn't fall asleep the first night, thinking of all of the ways that Lewis could get out of the house and end up finding the lake. Alas, we've deadbolted and childproofed all of the door handles, JUST in case. :)
Sunday, it was cool and rainy, so we headed to the EAA AirVenture Museum (which was free with our Science Center membership). They had a great hands-on kid area where we spent most of our time:
Lewis loved this plane!
He kept going back to it.
Trying to fly a hang glider.
Sitting in an F-22 cockpit
A couple of the hundreds of planes on display
Every time we tried to get a picture, Lewis was looking in all other directions (except at the camera). There were literally planes everywhere you looked.
When we got back, we did lunch and nap. Nap attempt #1 was a fail, but attempt #2 (an hour or so later) was successful (with me sleeping with him). He had had a runny nose all morning, but he woke up from nap with a fever. I gave him some Advil, and we spent the rest of the day at the house. (The fever is gone today, but his nose is still a little runny.)
We took another walk down the dock last evening, this time with both Kevin and I holding a hand (er, wrist).
That's more like it. :)
that's the way he was when we had him-- looking at everything there was to see and NOT wanting to look at the camera
ReplyDelete:) So much to see and explore!
Delete