I'm about a week late, but last weekend we went up to Bloomington to visit Ben and Adie (and Gordon) and to celebrate Gordon's baptism! We are so happy and honored to be godparents to this sweet boy of such great friends. I don't have any pictures of the baptism, but Gordon was a darling throughout. (Lewis, on the other hand...) Thankfully the church had a train table out in the lobby for Lew to play with during the service, and he met a few bigger boys who he had fun chasing around afterwards.
I do have some pictures from the rest of the weekend:
Lew found a kitty cat! (Rogue)
We headed over to an awesomely huge playground at the nearby school, and Lewis had a ball:
The Blur
Adie and Gordon :)
Ohhh, stop it, Dad!
Gordon took his first swings in a swing:
Not sure what he thinks just yet.
Ahhh, yes, I think this is going to be great. :)
I direct you to push me higher, please! :)
Lewis hijacked Adie and asked her/made her run a lap around the track with him. :) He was so funny all weekend--he clung to her at a few points, wanting to hold her hand and go play or sit with him. He chose a few other people on Sunday when family/friends came over for lunch after the baptism, too.
:)
He ran most of the lap, too! I was impressed. After they finished one lap, of course he said, 'Again?' But we headed out soon after.
These were pictures Kevin took back at Ben and Adie's after church on Sunday:
Whee for tree swings! And fall leaves!
It was the weekend of the time change (I'd almost forgotten!), and Lewis woke up everyone but Ben and Gordon at 5:30am on Sunday. (Sorry about that, again.) :) That was rough, but we were able to enjoy a quiet drive home:
He fell asleep before we got to Nashville and didn't wake up until we pulled into the dogs' kennel.
It was a great weekend, and we were glad to see friends we don't often get to see (and those we get to see more often, too!). It was neat to see some familiar faces at St. David's where we used to go when we all worked at Waycross (which was 12-15 years ago for me, 12 years ago for Kevin).



No comments:
Post a Comment