Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Lewis the Truest, Vol. 2

Kevin has been working on teaching Lewis what to say at bedtime. He'll say 'Goodnight, Lewis.' And Lewis will say, 'Goodnight, Dada.' However, since reading Happy Halloween, Biscuit a loooot of times, things have changed a little bit:

Dada: Goodnight, Lewis!

Lewis: Happy Halloween!

----------


If I am particularly stern or tell him he can't do something, eat something, etc., he'll sometimes say:


Lewis: Dada on way? 

     [Meaning, Is Dada on his way home from work?]

Because he is tired of dealing with mean old me and wants Kevin instead. :)


----------


Sometimes if we're going somewhere he doesn't want to go, he'll suddenly come up with things he'd rather do instead. And the things he comes up with crack me up because they are the things that he gives me the most grief about on a normal basis.


As we pulled up to school the other day

Lewis: Go to Target? Go shopping?

As I was getting him dressed for school the other morning

Lewis: Take nap? Take nap?
To which I thought, 'Hahahaha, real funny, child.'

As I told him it was time to get ready for school
Lewis: Watch Today Show in living room?


I guess his avoidance all goes back to school, which has been MUCH better the past two weeks. I jotted these down while he was still in a funk about going, but he's happy to go now and hasn't had any tears in weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment