Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sensing a Theme

Lew's school just sent home a questionnaire last week for us to work through with Lewis about his development--gross motor skills, fine motor skills, social, problem-solving, etc. 

One of the problem-solving questions was something like: If your child spots something out of reach, does he/she get a chair (or other), in order to reach the out-of-reach object? 

I guess Lewis is on track for that particular skill--here are some pictures I just found on Kevin's phone from the past few weeks that made me giggle:
 
 Getting to our car keys
 
 
And trying to open the gate to the neighbors' yard
I'd gone through the gate to repair a couple of boards that Peter had popped out (from trying to scale the fence to chase squirrels up on the power lines...), and Lewis wanted to come with me.


I've just about outsmarted him on most child-proofing inside of the house except for door handles. We have knob covers, but he has figured out how to take them off. Before he gets into whatever he's not supposed to be into, he is considerate enough to put the 2 pieces of knob cover away in a basket or neatly on a counter top. :) So now I've bought some hooks to put way up high so that he can't reach them (even if he is standing on a chair).

No comments:

Post a Comment