Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Baseball and Thanksgiving Feast at School

While Kevin and Lewis worked on leaves this weekend, I worked on cleaning and organizing some things inside the house. Among the things I uncovered was Lewis' baseball glove and ball set that Papaw Carter had gotten him last year for Christmas or his birthday (I forget which one). I think it was a bit big at the time, so I put it back for 'later'...and now that he's found it, he is obsessed with it!

So obsessed, in fact, that he's slept with it the past three nights:
I think all three mornings when we've gotten him, he's still had it on his hand, ready for action. Like, 'Put me in, coach!' Thankfully it's soft and doesn't appear to cause him any discomfort from sleeping in it. :)

He likes to play catch, too. At first we played in the basement, then upstairs in the living room, and now outside. He makes us put on our gloves, too, and we toss it back and forth a few times. He's got the throwing thing down--the catching part and how the glove works, we are still working on.

Today was Lew's Thanksgiving feast at school (which we had told him about), and he seemed pretty excited to see us when we walked into the gym to eat lunch with him. Mama and Dada at school!? Each of the classes was responsible for an item (rolls, turkey, cranberries, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie), and we enjoyed a nice little meal with him and one of his teachers and another mom/boy from his class.
  
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments: