He always points to the puffin and then the owl (and he does the same with a ball and balloon in another picture book). I look forward to taking him to see real puffins sometime. I wonder if he'll think they are as cool in real life. I thought maybe he liked the picture because of the round head shape (like a ball). Kevin thought he liked it maybe because it's just kind of funny-looking.
Last weekend we headed to a Derby party on Saturday at Kevin's friend's brother's house--we entered in a few drawings for the Derby itself but didn't win (though we did get our money back on a horse that scratched!). We had a nice afternoon visiting with our friends who live in Michigan (the Littles). Their son is around 19 months old, and he and Lewis had fun walking around the yard and splashing in the dog's water bowl. :) The house is great, but it is surrounded by woods that have a fairly steep slope/drop-off, and the driveway itself is really steep. So, needless to say, the four of us spent most of the time trying to keep the boys from falling down the hills. And out of everyone's beer and Jell-o shots!
Buddies, relaxing by the fire pit
Sunday, Lew and I headed up to a baby shower for my cousin's wife and had a really nice afternoon. It was great seeing aunts and cousins on my dad's side and, of course, celebrating Dave and Jessica's baby on the way. Lewis had lunch as soon as we got there, so I was able to eat and sort of play the shower games. Then he was ready to roam--he was happy walking their hallways for awhile, but eventually he started picking up the gifts as they were being opened and bolted for the cupcake table once (close call--he grabbed a decoration off but somehow didn't make a mess of the icing). I eventually decided to take him outside to roam a bit while they were finishing up gift opening.
Lewis loves baby showers!
Wild and Free
I was having major yard envy--there is so much space to run around! It was so peaceful out there.
We went up to the fence to visit the neighbor's horses, but they weren't interested in visiting with us. :)
Old Farm Equipment to Explore
The Perfect Shade Tree
I would so be out there on a blanket reading whenever I could.
And, finally, a ball.
He is obsessed with balls! This gazing ball in my aunt and uncle's garden, the big red concrete balls outside the entrance to Target (he hugs them), bouncy balls at every store we go in lately (it seems). He can't say ball yet (they are all called 'Der!'), but he'll pick them out of a line-up like a mad man. He doesn't miss pointing them out. Ever. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment