We had beautiful weather late last week, so Lew and I headed out to Henry's Ark to see the animals--it seems like everytime we go, there are different animals to get close to. This time was especially neat because one of the peacocks had his feathers all up on display--maybe it was mating season? Not sure, but it was neat to watch him (video below).
Sweet Deer
Peacock
The video is a little long/boring if you're not that into peacocks. I was kind of waiting to see if (and how) he'd put the feathers down, but he kept them up during the time we were there.
Freshly shaved llama
Kevin has suggested we do the same to Hattie since she sheds so much. :) I won't do that to her, but I bet she'd look really funny if we did.
Roosters on a fence rail
They were very loudly cock-a-doodle-dooing.
Very friendly zebra
There were two--one stayed away, but this one was very friendly and gladly ate our carrots. I've never seen one this up-close, so it was neat to study the markings and wonder how in the world their stripes came to be. Beautiful animal.
Baby camel
The big, big camel we saw last time was nowhere to be seen, but this little one was very sweet.
Later that day, we spent some time out in the pool! Kevin bought a little skimmer net to try to keep grass, bugs, leaves, etc. under control (the water was getting pretty funky), and the net is now one of Lewis' favorite things to carry around while we're playing outside. Over the weekend, Kevin picked up a slightly bigger one, so we can have one for us to use (for real) and one for Lewis to 'use' (for play).
Surveying the hose reel (with his trusty net in hand)
Bringing his chair into the pool...
...and then tossing it out. And over and over again. :)
Swimming is so fun!
Mother's Day was great--lots of relaxing, book reading, and organizing. Thanks to Kevin for taking care of Lew most of the day! We'd had plans to go to a park for a picnic, but it rained most of the day. We did go out to dinner and then came home to play in the soaking-wet-from-all-that-aforementioned-rain yard until bedtime.
Mother's Day 2012
Starting to look pretty soggy (with his net in hand)
His Sweet Stinker Face
Playing in the empty-ish pool
It had filled to the brim from all the rainwater, so we dumped it. After that, it had rained just enough to put about 1/2 inch in the bottom--enough to soak his pants and socks and shoes and shirt. :)
Who needs water?
Hattie and Kevin :)
so glad you had a good mother's day! He got a major hair cut-- did you do it? it's very cute! I love the pic of you with him- I see a lot more of you in him in this pic. Can't put my finger on it but I think it's the shape of your faces. Love!
ReplyDeleteI have been cutting a little on his hair every few weeks, whenever it starts to look shaggy. I usually miss some spots, too, so I have to fix it a lot. :) It's getting thicker and seems to maybe be getting a wave to it, too!
DeleteThanks--I thought he's been looking more like some of me in my baby pics...the eyes and/or cheeks, maybe? It depends on what expression he has.