Monday, May 21, 2012

Early Summertime Fun

Though it still feels early to me, I guess summer is here! It is suddenly hot-hot-hot, and I am daydreaming about having a house with a pool. A kiddie pool will have to do for now. :) Kevin made an amazing all-grilled meal this weekend of burgers, corn, and asparagus with strawberry shortcake for dessert. Yum. Lewis got in on the berry fun, too:
 Blackberries are tasty!
 And you're never going to be able to wipe all of this mess off of me! :)

Friday we headed down to the sprayground on the waterfront with my friend Rachel and her son, Abram. Lew spent a lot of time in the water, but also a lot of time wandering over to a playground, a dog, a kid on a scooter, a girl with a ball, a boy with a ball, etc. He seemed to have a good time!

I definitely see us going back here a lot this summer since it is free and the spray area is a safe, squishy surface (vs. a concrete one that we went to on Saturday with Kevin).
 Surveying the many different ways to get soaked!
 Still looking fairly dry here...
 ...and now completely soaked!
At one point I was standing near that area, when all of a sudden a huge gush of water came off of one of those silver poles (there were fish up top with fountains spraying out of their mouths at random intervals). I screamed and ran out as fast as I could, whilst trying to keep my composure. :)

Saturday, as I mentioned above, we went out to a new park that just opened further out on our end of town to see what their sprayground was like. It was nice--had a lot of similar features to the one on the waterfront. I didn't like that it was all concrete (hello, scraped knees), and the kids didn't seem as willing to play with Lewis as the kids were at the waterfront (which I know might be totally different the next time at either place). Still, it was nice (and also free).
Getting sufficiently soaked!

Yesterday was hot, so we took a nice walk with the dogs in the morning and then played in Lew's kiddie pool in the afternoon.
 Apparently Lew was thirsty. :)
I can still taste the hose water from when I used to drink it as a kid--I didn't taste it with Lew yesterday, but I wonder if it still tastes the same.
 Splish Splash!
This I bought at a garage sale last weekend, and it is supposed to be a sandbox on the left and pool on the right. We decided quickly there's no way Lew would keep the sand out of the water and vice versa, so we're just going to keep both sides as water.
Stealing Kevin's chair 
You snooze, you lose, Papa!
And chillin' in his chair.
And Mom, these trunks you got him are still pretty big, even though they are 12-18 months.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Lew, you berry eating machine. Can't wait to see you guys in just over a month! That sprayground or whatever it's called looks super fun! And you can't beat free! I love summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pool isn't the one you had up today was it? It looks nice! He was really getting into the water that day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the one pictured here has a blue cover we put on it--it was in the yard on the way to the swing. Near the fire pit.

      Delete