My mom and dad (Gramma and Papaw) came down for a visit yesterday, and Kevin was able to take the day off--we had such a nice visit! We went out to Henry's Ark to see the animals in the morning. It was great to have other hands to let Lewis feed the animals, walk around, etc. more than I can do when I'm by myself with him. He really seemed to understand and enjoy feeding carrots to the animals--he'd hold a piece out for them, and after they ate it, he'd give them (or maybe himself) a little round of applause.
After seeing the animals, we headed to lunch, followed by a nap for Lew and a few yard projects for the rest of us (thanks, guys!). Once Lewis woke up, we went down to the sprayground for a little bit and then to dinner before they took off for home. A busy day, but very fun!
Feeding a dear deer
Gramma and Lew, ready to explore!
Hi, little camel.
My, what big teeth you have, Mr. Zebra.
As I mentioned, we tackled a few yard projects during naptime--Mom and I got the power sprayer to work after replacing a few worn out washers (we're finally sealing our driveway this weekend!), Dad and Kevin split a huge and heavy piece of tree trunk leftover from the power company taking our trees down (which was quite a chore, but they did it!), and then Dad (aka 'The Chainsaw Man') and Kevin removed a bush from our front garden bed (it was big, spiky, and I want to redo that bed, so this was a good place to start).
Before
Going,
Going,
Gone!
It literally took less than two minutes! While Dad made the cuts, Kevin pulled out the cut sections. Then we all snipped it into smaller pieces to fit into our lawn bags for pickup next week--now I have to come up with a plan for the bed!
A quick splash!
Lew wasn't as interested in the sprayground this time around, so we just stayed about 20 minutes and then headed to dinner on the river. (I forgot the camera in the car, so Mom, I stole a few of your pics.) :)
Lew and Papaw
Lewis, Gramma, and Papaw
Thanks for a great day! Come back soon!


so fun!!! can't wait to do it again
ReplyDelete