It feels like summer has arrived this week--if this is what the first week of May is like, I dread July/August and long for a summer in Maine instead. Anyway...
Lewis, out with his trike the other night:
Kevin said he really likes to push it around nowadays.
And still loves to ride on it, too!
Listening to a story.
I like the tables and chairs they have in the children's department. Probably too expensive for Lewis' purposes, but an idea to start with. :)
Speaking of chairs, they are perfectly kid-sized. And perfect for climbing.
Since it has been really hot already this week (upper 80s), I filled up the kiddie pool--we went out two days to sit in it, splash around, and cool off. (Lewis sits in it, I sit outside of it in a chair and put my feet in.)
Belly shot!
This swim shirt is a 12-18 month size, but it is pretty snug on his belly and really rides up already--I need to get him a bigger one for the summer (especially for our beach trip).
I don't want him scaring off the ladies with his beer belly (er, milk belly) hanging out. :)
This swim shirt is a 12-18 month size, but it is pretty snug on his belly and really rides up already--I need to get him a bigger one for the summer (especially for our beach trip).
I don't want him scaring off the ladies with his beer belly (er, milk belly) hanging out. :)
His trunks from the previous day were still damp, and the next size up of swim trunks he has are way big, so I went with these back-ups to the back-ups. Poor buddy.
Speedo Alert! :)
I picked up a couple of simple sprinklers at the store the other day--he literally froze and didn't know what to do as he was getting sprayed. He wouldn't step through it, he wouldn't step out of it. I tried moving him in towards the middle and turned him so his booty got sprayed, but he just stayed wherever I put him and fretted a little.
Forget the water--I want to swing!
Today we hung out in our 10-degrees-cooler-than-the-rest-of-our-house basement for the afternoon, which was nice.
Took a water break on the couch and watched some HGTV (most likely)
And had fun with the ball popper (that needs new batteries!).
It is Derby Time right now, so we have a Derby Party to attend tomorrow, and then Lew and I are heading to a baby shower on Sunday.
And seeing my mom and dad with Em, Joe, and Juniper this week makes me miss them a lot--I'm hoping to book a ticket to Boise soon, Schwi-Schwizzle. :)
I love this post...too cute in his speedo. What brand trike is that? I have been eye balling a radio flyer one similar to that for Levi's birthday, but haven't decided if the price was worth it yet.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Leitia. :) It is a Smart Trike that the grandparents got him for Christmas--it seems like the price varies wildly, depending on the color?? Eventually the back handle will come off and he can ride it off into the sunset (for now, it's steered by us and the pedals aren't engaged). I can see it being used for quite a few years.
Deletetoo adorable for words! Those swim pants are something else. I've never seen a trike like that, it is pretty cool
ReplyDeleteHe will hopefully fit into the trunks you got him, Mom, by our beach trip! They were still baggy a few weeks ago, but I think he'll be ready for them by then.
Delete