We were finally able to go as a family to the zoo last weekend! It was really hot and threatening storms, but we had a nice morning visit and saw lots more animals than Lewis and I normally see during the week.
Walking next to Mr. Peacock
Lewis checking out the orangutan
Water-sliding his 'normal' way
And then trying out the 'proper' way
'I did it, Ma!'
Watching the polar bear walk oddly backward and forward
Lewis and the gorilla
The Lion
Da! Da! (pointing at the lion)
We decided the lion was his favorite animal that day, so I think I'm going to go with Lewis the Lion for Halloween this year. I found a couple of patterns I'm going to look into making.
Saturday evening, we headed to the school's playground across the street. Kevin and Lewis have been back there before, but I've never been! It is definitely a nice playground that we'll try to visit more often.
Jumping on the bridge
Not sliding very quickly down the slide (they were really slow/sticky)
Danger! Danger!
He flipped and flopped the whole way down the curly slide. Here I was taking a picture as he was about to possibly faceplant off the bottom (he did not actually fall off, though he looked like he might).
Stuck
I heard a weird whimpering sound the other day and asked Kevin what was going on--he said, 'Hang on, I've got to get the camera! He's stuck in the storage cube!'
He loves the broom!
The snow shovel, too.
His new tools (L) and our tools (R).
At Target the other day, Kevin spotted these tools on seasonal clearance (they were only 60 cents a piece), so we picked up a few in Lew's size. Of course he still likes the big-sized broom and snow shovel, but hopefully he will learn to love these usable ones in his size. He did dig in the garden with his shovel, but I didn't get the camera outside fast enough.
I have started a fall to do list in the hopes that maybe it will bring fall a bit sooner. Maybe? Cooler temps? Falling leaves? Pumpkins? Spice? One can hope.
I love it "Quick, get the camera! He's stuck in the storage cube." So funny.
ReplyDeleteENJOYED !!!! Thanks for the laughs.
ReplyDelete