On top of the horrendous heat, we've been graced with Lewis' first bout of vomiting/diarrhea over the past week. Needless to say, we've been taking things easy.
He seems to be getting back to normal now, thank goodness. It started last Wednesday, and I took him to the doctor Friday because he really wasn't drinking (or eating) much of anything (they said he could become dehydrated easily at his young age). Thankfully, he checked out okay. He would drink some water, but he refused pedialyte, pedialyte+water, pedialyte+flat ginger ale, Powerade+water, etc.
He seemed better Saturday as we traveled up to my parents' house, but then Sunday, he had three major vomiting episodes (two of which were on Kevin, one of which was at a family picnic). :( So I filled his anti-nausea medicine prescription on Monday, but he hasn't needed it, thank goodness. He seems to have his energy back now and all systems seem to be returning to 'normal'--just in time for our trip to Boise tomorrow!!
My cousin, Julie, came over to my parents' house on Saturday with her boys, Gideon and Ezra, to have pizza (Top Hat II) and ice cream pie for Gid's birthday. They brought along fireworks for a birthday/early 4th of July celebration. Lewis was amazed/didn't know what to think!
Ooh!
Ah!
Ez and Gid, keeping a safe distance
Explosives are pretty rad, Mama. Crash Boom Bah!
:)
And then last night, our neighbor (the one behind us) had his annual fireworks show--he at least warned Kevin about 15 minutes prior that there would be some massive explosions happening. Kevin and I went out and sat and watched for the first time in the four years we've lived through it (rather than sit inside stewing...we're evolving). :) Who knows how much $$ he spent--it was a pretty impressive show. During, though, we were getting rained on by debris, and I knew we'd have a mess to clean up. We went out this morning, and this is just some of what was on our driveway. It's on the driveway in the back AND front yard, on our roofs (house and garage), and all over our yard.
It was kind of an all-over-sprinkling (towards the top of the picture). The bottom is after we'd blown it/swept it into a pile.
This is Lew's Mama-is-doing-laundry-and-getting-ready-to-pack-for-our-trip-so-don't-wear-anything outfit. :)
He and Kevin played in the pool this morning while I made more zucchini bread.
Loaves 9 and 10 of the season are in the oven now--Em and Joe, I hope you like zucchini bread. :/ I'm bringing some with.
And I started getting tomatoes this week! I picked about a cupful of grape tomatoes for a salad one day and another cupful for burritos one evening. I just pulled two regular tomatoes off this morning (so Jim and Sharon, hopefully you'll eat them and any zucchini while I'm gone since we know Kevin won't).
Tomorrow morning, Lew and I are off to Idaho! I'd better get to packing now!
Oh, I dread the first vomiting...so far we have eluded it! Can't believe how old Gideon and Ezra are. Can't believe you have red tomatoes! We've had zuchinni (only made two bread loaves though, fried, sauteed, or ate others raw) and our green beans are really going to town. We do have LOTS of green roma tomatoes (the only kind we planted this year) and I'm anxious for them to ripen! Have fun in Boise with your sis!
ReplyDeletei felt so sorry for the poor little guy. Glad he got better before your trip. Your zucchini bread was good by the way. I brought leftovers home from Gina's
ReplyDelete