Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Playdate with Clara and Amelia/Breakfast with Santa

Last week, our friends' daughters, Clara and Amelia, came over to stay and play for the day while Maria ran some errands. We had such a fun day--Clara and Lewis played well together and Amelia seemed to love watching the 'big kids' run around.
 Little buddies watching something on TV before lunch
 Our Lunch (and Dinner) Bunch!
It was an adjustment having to feed two toddlers (one who speaks well) and an infant and myself! I finally got Lewis and Clara settled in and was able to sneak a few bites of my food while spoon-feeding Amelia. It was pretty crazy, but fun.

Lewis went down for nap, so the girls I played in the basement for a few hours without Big Lew:
 Miss Amelia is a speedy (and happy) crawler!
 
 Clara and I built a tower.
She liked spinning in circles around the pole in our basement.

Lew Man awoke from his nap to join in on the fun:
 The stepstool/potty (currently being used as a stepstool on the other side of the basement) made its way over to the TV area--Lewis was excited to discover that he could stand on it to bang the TV screen with his hands. :) Thankfully he has since forgotten.
 Playing well (wow, how tall is Lewis compared to Miss Amelia!)
 Coloring and Sticker Fun!
 Puzzle Time
Clara breezed through the ones that Lewis is just now mastering, so I moved her up to a more difficult one of the entire alphabet. She did very well with it and let Lewis help with a few pieces, too.
 And then up popped Amelia to check out the puzzle action. :) Such a big girl!

What a fun day! Lewis loved having his girlfriends over. :)

This past Saturday we went to Breakfast with Santa at the Y. They had breakfast (duh) and a few crafts for the kids, as well as Santa and an elf to have your picture taken with. 
Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas!
Lewis and the elf do not look impressed, but at least Santa looks jolly. :) Lew gave Santa a total once-over to check him out, and he wasn't freaked out but certainly wasn't smiling either. He seemed a bit suspicious of the big man in red. :)

2 comments:

  1. It's great he has friends to play with. I can't believe he sat on Santa without crying. Such a big boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know--he's making friends at the Y now, too, I think. He seems to really like going there to play and didn't seem to want to leave today.

      Delete