Phew! Christmas break is here! Kevin worked 60+ hours the past two weeks which made for some looong days for Lewis and I (and Kevin, too, obviously). Lew and I stayed pretty busy with Christmas shopping and our usual errands, but the house is a wreck and I really realize how much Kevin normally does to help out (once he was no longer around to help out). I still feel like I'm catching up, but we managed and now it's break time (Kevin does have to go in for a few half days, but whatevs) and we are onto Christmas!
A few pictures from the past week or so:
Ziploc Hat, the newest toddler trend
Tonya and Carlton came over to visit last week. Carlton and Lewis were being cute on this bench, but none of my pictures caught both/either of them looking at the camera at the same time (naturally, as toddlers do).
Open your eyes, Lewis! :)
Carlton is ready to climb away and Lewis has a stinker face.
Eh, the best we got.
Earlier this week, we headed out to Corydon for a nice visit with Maria, Clara, and Amelia. We played, exchanged Christmas presents, and had lunch before heading back home.
The girls were still getting situated, but Lewis was ready to say 'Cheese!'
Opening gifts
He got a Cars coloring pack and a Francesco car (from Cars 2). He fittingly was wearing a Cars shirt I bought him the other day at Target. And Maria found Cars Christmas wrapping paper and everything! Lewis was in heaven. :)
Clara got Lew his first Little People playset--a pirate ship! Argh, matey!
It has a talking parrot, a plank, a cannon that fires a cannonball, etc. It's so awesome. They also gave us a Little People construction set that Clara doesn't really play with anymore. And later that day, I found a LP barn with the farmer and all of the animals for just $5 at GW, so now he has a few to get him started with imaginative play.
Then it was the girls' turn to open their gifts:
A ball for Amelia and some puzzles for Clara
And a couple of pouches that Clara dug right into
(Amelia seemed interested in them, too! We got her some yogurt melts to go with her ball.)
I made some spaghetti early last week, thinking Kevin and I would eat it for dinner a few nights. Since he was home after 9:30pm most days, he ate at work and I ended up eating spaghetti with Lewis like four times. :) Luckily it was a really good sauce I made, and I didn't get too tired of it. After a few bites, Lew would throw it across the room, on the ground, into the Christmas tree, etc. I was too tired to do anything about it, and one day Hattie got caught in the crossfire and was cracking me up:
I know I smell spaghetti somewhere!
She is one smart girl--after I was done laughing at her and taking her picture, I plucked a piece off to give her. She then shook and flipped the other pieces off, and she ate them that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment