Monday, February 25, 2013

Big Boy Bed, Round Two

After one heck of a bad sleeping weekend away (and another weekend away happening next weekend), we decided it is time to try to get Lewis sleeping in his toddler bed again. He did pretty well last night--he fussed a little bit but fell asleep (in his bed, not on the floor--yay!) a little before 8pm. We were dumb and stayed up to watch the Oscars (until midnight), so a screaming 5:47am wake-up call was unfortunate.

He is currently supposed to be napping, which isn't going well (he's making a mess of his room, I can hear it) and he is fussing. No nap days make me sad/mad. 

We did things a little differently this time:
First, we installed a door lock. His crib tent was all that we could do to keep him in his crib, so we decided to lock him in his room to keep him secure. (That was a problem last time--he'd just run over and open his door and 'escape.')

And I picked up a few things (Thomas and Mater) to make his bed into somewhere he'd like to be/to sleep:
Patting Thomas' face
I guess this will do!
Trying it out
Such a big boy!
(And I'd forgotten that I needed to slide the safety rail all the way to one end or the other to give him room to swing a foot up.)

I couldn't find any Thomas or Cars crib sheets, so I'm working on sewing a couple in transportation fabrics. I have the fabric cut, so I just need to sew them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment