Late last week, Kevin realized he would have the weekend off from work, so we asked Ben and Adie if we could pop up to Bloomington for a bit for Kevin and Lewis to meet Gordon. Luckily they were also free, so we took a day trip up to hang out with them for a few hours, run into town for some lunch and shopping, and then head back home (with Aver's take-and-bake pizza and breadsticks in tow for dinner). Such a great day! It was also the day of the big IU vs. Michigan game, so there were lots of IU fans out and about, and it made us think/joke/sort-of-for-a-second consider trying to get tickets (and figure out what to do with Lewis since the game didn't even start until like 9pm). Alas, we drove home and watched the game while enjoying our pizza and breadsticks (ah, just like old times).
Here are a few pictures of us with oh-so-cute Gordon:
I'm pretty sure Kevin had forgotten how tiny babies are. He said 'Wow' when he held him.
Lewis checking out his best new buddy.
He didn't really notice him at first and was staying busy chasing their cats. When he finally did notice him, he seemed to be most fascinated by his hands. He was pretty gentle with him, overall, with one minor palm-to-face moment.
Awake, alert, and milk drunk :) And so cute!
We had such a fun day--it was nice to not have to pack or board the dogs or do anything hassle-y like we normally do when going out of town.
Also last week, I found a replacement dining table and chairs on craigslist!
The Old Set-up
(except that it used to be pushed up against the wall on the right)
The New Set-up
(with a dresser I got at IKEA last week)
Before, I would put the basket with his snacks, bibs, etc. on the dining table, along with the laptop and mail and other junk. It was definitely our catch-all place. Then, of course, Lewis would climb up on the table to get snacks, and it just wasn't working for us. The separate space a) cannot be climbed by Lewis and b) can be cleared off and used for serving (if/when we ever host a party) and c) can store tablecloths, napkins, etc. I feel like it just fits the room and our needs better, and so far Lewis only climbed up on top of the table once, right when I set it up (and it's been over a week now with no incidents).
It worked out that the new table was very similar in style to the old table and chairs, too. It's like it was meant to be. :) I had actually found just a table at a furniture consignment store and bought it, too, with plans to paint it, get chairs for it, etc. Oops! So I'm either going to try to re-sell it or hold onto it for a future house because I really like it, too. It's a nice, sturdy, old table (same size and pedestal-style as the one I ended up finding on craigslist).
So far, so good! I did buy some non-skid thingys to go on the table legs because Lewis was trying to slide it around as he was eating. And I bought new felt pads for the chairs so that they would glide around smoothly on the hardwoods. Other than that, it just needed a good wipe-down, and it was good to go.
Nice!! Is that dresser the same style as the one in your living room? that'll be nice storage. it looks good!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mom. Yes--it's actually the same one! I bought a 2nd one, thinking I'd put it in the guest room. I decided I liked it better in the dining room, though (and put a bookcase in the guest room).
Delete