On our 67-degree day earlier this week, we went to the zoo with Tonya and Carlton. We were a little earlier than them, so I was milling around near the front so they could catch up with us. As we were waiting, I heard this ROAAAAAR coming from the lion exhibit, so I booked it back there to see what was going on. The male was standing up at the point in his exhibit and was letting out the loudest roars. It was like they had a microphone on him. Once I got close, I totally had chills hearing how loud he was. It was so cool.
Good morning to you, too!
So handsome he is.
Catching some sun on his face (while the female snoozed).
In the gorilla area we encountered a very, very friendly squirrel who I think expected us to feed him.
We finally had to just walk on by because nothing was scaring him away.
Buddies down by the sea lions:
Looking at each others tongues and teeth. :)
And finally, this orangutan was really neat. He/She was interacting with this woman through the glass, mimicking her moves. Super neat.
No comments:
Post a Comment