Lewis has really starting doing things on his own these past few weeks. He puts things back in their proper place, he wants to help with things (and then tries doing them on his own), and the other day, we had this happen:
New Toothbrush + Wanted it Opened = Go to junk drawer and get big, scary, adult scissors and try to open it, duh!
Have no fear, he didn't play with the scissors for long. Thankfully he doesn't know how to actually open them to cut anything (yet). :)
He tried, though.
After telling him we weren't opening it because it wasn't time for a new toothbrush, he resorted to his mama's way of opening things:
With the teeth, of course. :)
I then took it away and hid it way up in his closet before he could eat through the cardboard (oooooh, he does that on other cardboard things). And I put the scissors back (in the far back of the drawer).
He also helped me change the batteries on one of his cars this morning, and I explained to him how a screwdriver works. He held it and tried to put screwdriver to screw, but he doesn't get the twisting/turning motion just yet (he's just learning how to open 'normal' door knobs, so he does sort of get it on a bigger scale, I guess).
I also fill the 'clean clothes' laundry basket with things that need to go down to the basement (whenever the laundry basket gets taken back downstairs)--I have a random 'baby spoon' (vs. toddler spoon) that we no longer use and a gift I got for Gordon Smith (that Lewis also has one of). I think he has 'helped' me put them away 4 times in the past 2 days, and I keep having to put them back in the laundry basket. He puts Gordon's gift in 'his' basket in the kitchen and he puts the spoon back in 'his' spot of the silverware drawer. It cracks me up. He is a smart little booger. [And yes, I realize in the time it took me to write that out, I could have just taken the whole basket down to the basement.] :) I usually wait until I'm doing laundry or until the basket is full.
And finally, I'm not sure who is cuter in his winter-y hat, Lewis Pete or the bear on his shirt.
Sweet Pete
No comments:
Post a Comment