A few weeks ago, I moved Lewis from his highchair to a booster seat at the table. The straps on the highchair had reached their limit (with his height), so I read what the next step was for the grows-with-him highchair. A booster seat, it is.
First lunch in his new set-up
He's done fine with it so far, I guess. We have a pub-height table and chairs, so we're still using the strap between his legs and around his waist. We no longer have to wash the tray from the highchair, but we are dirtying a lot more of his plates and bowls (since we just put food right on the tray before). So less hand-washing and more dishwasher-running.
There is a new problem emerging, though:
Mr. Twinkle Toes
Even when he shouldn't possibly be able to climb on the table, he is trying to climb on the table! He also uses the booster seat to climb onto the table more easily (to get snacks, his toothbrush, etc.) and just climbs, in general. We talked about it, and I think we are going to try to sell the table we have and get a normal-height one instead.
Even though he is a climbing fool, we still love him. :)
And these may not look like much now, but between now and Lew's birthday, they'll be turning into a play kitchen!
More pictures once they're finished!
Sink and Stove/Oven on the left, Refrigerator on the right
Yay! I wanna make a play kitchen someday...have fun!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Things are looking pretty rough right now--I've disassembled, cleaned, sanded, and put on one layer of paint so far. I just made my lumber cuts today, so hopefully I can make some good progress this weekend.
Delete