Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Crisp and Wild Morning at Henry's Ark

This morning, Lewis and I headed out to Henry's Ark (Kevin is working). It was wild out there:
Greeted by a rooster...
...who got very up close and personal with us! He spooked both of us (I grabbed Lew's hand after taking this picture), and he didn't seem to want us there. 
More to come on him later...he didn't forget about us. :)
Donkeys
We had the whole place to ourselves.
Sneaking up on a bunny.
Goat
The Three Amigos
These guys were running around together, patrolling the streets. :)
Feeding the deer.
Alpaca
The turkeys were gobbling and showing off their feathers for their lady-friend.
Trying to feed the sheep.
They weren't as interested in our carrots as everyone else was.
Odd friends, a goat and an emu.
More bunnies and ducks.
Lots of chickens, hens, roosters, ducks, peacocks, geese, etc.
:) What fun!
Give me a hug, Mama! Pick me up!
He was a total mess by the end. He slipped on ice twice and dipped each knee in cold mud/water. His hands and face also got dirty, and he put his dirty duck-pooped hands in his mouth a few times. Fingers crossed that he doesn't get any weird virus.
Our little friend
As I was changing his clothes, I heard a cluck-cluck and looked down to see that damn rooster! He kept circling the car, waiting for us to leave. Once I got Lewis changed and in his seat, I tried shoo-ing him off so I didn't hit him but he stayed. I honked the horn a few times and backed up slowly and saw that he was at the front of our car, watching us.

No comments:

Post a Comment