Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lewis and Carlton do All About Kids

One day last week, we headed out to All About Kids for toddler playtime. It's a pretty cool place--there is a fenced-in area for toddlers/preschoolers, a large gymnastics area, a pool, karate studio, birthday party area, etc. We stayed in the fenced-in area--I learned later that we could have gone out to the gymnastics equipment and trampolines to try those out for an hour, but I wasn't sure if our admission covered it at the time. It was time to go by that time, anyway, but maybe next time we'll see how he does on the rings, bars, balance beam, floor exercise, etc. :)

We also weren't sure at first if parents were allowed to go in the play area. There was a group of 2-3 parents who were standing outside the fence when we got there (I told Kevin later that they were a little Real Housewives-ish...and their kids were a bit snotty. I found myself trying to reason with a 3-year-old at one point about why Lewis COULD play with the ball b/c so-and-so was playing with the car now and no longer cared about the ball). I was glad when their group went over to the gymnastics side and left us. The majority of the other kids/parents were very friendly. Anywho, we quickly realized we needed to be inside with the boys to help wrangle the madness.

Here are some pictures (most were blurry b/c they were running around most of the time...here are the least blurry ones):
 He immediately found a ball to carry around.
You can see some of the gymnastics equipment behind him.
Checking out one of the inflatables 
He wasn't sure about going in them at first--he spent the first half of time playing out in the open with the trucks, balls, slides, etc. Then the second half, he started going in the inflatables to fetch balls I'd throw in for him.
 Vroom Vroom Vroom!!
 Where Carlton spent most of his time!
He happily sat for a long time, watching the action around him.
 The car was kind of falling apart as they played with it--the yellow roof and, subsequently, the door kept falling off. Lew was very concerned about hanging the door back on properly.
 The clearest of the inflatable pictures I got...
 The balls he was carrying around
The hot pink and black one was the one that the little boy was trying to steal for the little girl (who had lost interest and moved on to the car). The girl was pretty sassy-she tried to push Lewis out of the car and take the ball out of his hand. Then she cried when Lewis was in the car (even after she had moved onto something else). I guess this sharing/not sharing thing is in our future, but shoooo!
The other car that was fought over.
I think Lewis and Carlton would have both been perfectly content to just have a selection of cars, trucks, motorcycles, tricycles, etc. to rotate through.


It was a fun day! There is another location that we might try out next time, just to see what it's like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment