Saturday, January 26, 2013

Thomas in the Crate, Lewis on the Table, New Books from The Smiths, a Hot Dog, and Wheel-a-palooza

Also known as the longest title by me, ever. I have a few pictures from a lot of events from the past week, so I'm just grouping them all together instead of posting them in a logical order. Apologies. I guess I could just call it 'Funny Things Lewis Did This Week.'

First, I encountered Peter in the hall with his ears back, slightly scurrying from our room. I went in to find this:
 Thomas needs a timeout, apparently
 Oh, nope. Going to try to ride him in the crate, which didn't end well. Thomas tipped to the side and pinned Lewis against the back corner of the crate. Good times!
 Lew still didn't get out right away, even after being pinned.

Next, it was onto our makeshift dining table for a snack:
  
 At least the fall isn't as far...

While visiting Ben, Adie, and Gordon, they gave Lewis some presents for his birthday. I gave them to him early because I knew he would love them:
 Books on Lightning, Mater, Doc, and Sally
 Sally!
 This is his 'Read to Me' face...he's on the move to my lap here.
Thanks again, guys! He loves them.

I was sitting on the couch this morning reading a magazine while Lewis was playing. He took interest in an article about clever toys/kid stuff--there was a picture of a wiener dog-shaped hot dog slicer that we just happen to have (I got it for Lew's Christmas stocking even though he doesn't like/doesn't eat hot dogs just yet). I said, 'Hey, you have one of those? Can you go find it?' I heard him go into the kitchen and rustle around in the basket where it is stored, but he came back a few minutes later without it. I figured he couldn't find both pieces or got distracted. Later, I walked in the kitchen to find this on the floor:
 The dog-shaped hot dog slicer with a piece of DOG FOOD in the little dog bowl (meant for ketchup and/or mustard if you're using it for hot dog purposes)
My sweet little buddy. :) It just made me smile and laugh and marvel at how smart he is.

This morning Kevin had to go into work for a half day, so Lewis and I headed downtown to the library for a free children's event called Wheel-a-Palooza (which I had totally spaced and am so glad Tonya reminded me of!!). They had bicycles, a unicycle, a bicycle built for two, skateboards, motorcycles, a scooter, a Segway, an adult tricycle, handbikes (the ones that ride low to the ground and you pedal with your hands), antique bicycles (with the teeny tiny back tire and huge front tire), etc. It was really neat! Lewis loved looking at all of the different wheeled things.

He also did really well sitting (in his stroller) through a StageOne (children's theatre) performance of two books. My favorite part was storytime--there was one with a theme of 'Things That Go' that we tried out. I was honestly ready to leave after wrestling him through the first story, but he started fighting me less and LOVED the stories and songs (all about trucks and cars and the like). We made it through the whole storytime with my anxiety at a normal level and Lewis happy. Hooray! I was/am so proud of him. It makes me more optimistic/comfortable trying out the 'normal' storytime again--I might try out a few different library branches to find who does the best job with active toddler types. :) We'll see how it goes.
Playing on the car mat after storytime
They had these neat mats spread around the room, and of course Lewis just wanted to jump all over them. :)

So that is some of what we have been up to the past few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment