Monday morning we headed out to Bryant's Blueberries in New Salisbury, IN, to pick berries with Tonya and Carlton. We went into it fully knowing there was a 40% chance of rain, and it rained the entire drive out there. We were talking about having to call it off, but as soon as we turned onto the road, the rain stopped! We did have a few drizzles as we were picking, but I was quite alright with that. I'm so glad we had that kind of weather vs. the hot/humid stuff we had yesterday.
Our little taste testers :)
Pick only the BLUE ones, Lewis!
He was picking non-ripe ones and wandering off with my bucket (to the port-o-potty, near the pond, etc.), so I eventually got the Ergo out of my car and carried him on my back. He was pretty content--I think the constant stream of blueberries to his mouth helped. :)
Blueberries, blueberries, everywhere!
It was hard to stop myself from picking them! I'd say I was done, and then I'd see another good-looking bunch that was just asking to go home with us.
Blueberry Delirious, both of us. :)
Lewis was a trooper--he did start to get fussy towards the end, so I went and found Tonya. We'd both lost track of time and found out it was past lunchtime already, so we fed the boys lunch and headed home. It was a fun outing--we'll definitely go again next year!
Back home, I had some serious blueberry cleaning and drying to do during naptime:
I swear, they multiplied! They'd put them all into a grocery bag for me, and I just kept pouring more and more out to wash them and pull out any bad ones. I ended up with just under 9.5 pounds of berries--most of them are in the freezer now, but I did save some for us to eat and to make a pie (apparently Kevin's favorite pie is blueberry, which I did not know).
No comments:
Post a Comment