These might be the most random sampling of pictures,which is what the past few weeks have felt like. We've been busy! Kevin had to take a last-minute business trip last week (and has had to work a lot since then), so we're all pretty upside-down. On top of that, we've had out-of-town plans each of the past four weekends (I think), and that's kind of catching up to us.
Dada Forklift!
Er, I should say The-one-and-only-time-Kevin-offered-to-make-his-legs-into-a-forklift. :) His legs were super sore the next day--he'd lift up Lewis from the ground with his legs and then pop him into the air and into his (Kevin's ) arms. Lewis loved it, of course, and has luckily (for Kevin) forgotten about it. :)
The garden continues to do well:
Finally picked the broccoli, a few days too late.
Lewis had fun carrying it around and smacking things with it, though. :) Someone said that I might get some more sprouts from where I cut, so we'll see--the plant is pretty big, so if it doesn't look like it's doing much soon, I'll probably pull it to regain that corner of the bed.
Peas, round three
I picked some for dinner a few weeks ago and Kevin's parents' picked some last weekend (when Kevin and I went up to camp), so this is the third bunch we've picked. They're very good--we eat them in the pod, sauteed in butter, salt, and pepper. Yum. There are enough ready again for a salad this week!
I love this of Carlton and Lewis at the splash park. :)
We ran into another mom/toddler boy from our hospital's mom group that day, too, so that was a nice surprise!
We headed up to my parents' house Saturday/Sunday for a visit/concert/Father's Day.
Checking out Gramma's garden
Mom took Lewis to the pool and the playground on Saturday afternoon--it sounded like they had a great time. (Dad had to go down to Waycross for a meeting.) AND Mom got Lew to sleep in the big boy bed at their house (a twin) without much resistance at all, so Kevin and I are hopeful it will go well whenever we get around to doing it (we are still putting it off...). :)
Parents' Night Out
We had fun going out for dinner and drinks (and shuffleboard!) with Tony and Kendra on Saturday. It's always nice to have an evening out without distractions (aka our sweet, darling children). :) I think they were going to a movie after we parted ways, and Kevin and I went to see Tom Petty play at Deer Creek (great show!).
So that's what we've been up to!
Your broccoli will grow florets where you chopped off the big head. Yay!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Farmer in the Schwee! I should have asked you! Duh.
Delete