Yesterday morning we met up with Keith, Maggie, and Colin and headed down to the Kentucky Railway Museum for Day Out with Thomas. It was a fun event--Thomas was there, of course, to take us on a train ride, and they had miniature golf, balloon animals (er, trains), face painting, a tent full of train tables, and a miniature train you could ride.
Thomas, Lewis, and Dada
I think Lewis was pretty excited when he saw Thomas--he pointed to him and said his name (Thomaaaaas!!).
Thomas with Kevin, Lewis, Keith, and Colin
Kevin took Lewis on the first miniature train ride, and Lewis seemed to like it. If you'll recall, he has been terrified to ride a carousel and a similar miniature train in the past. When Colin decided he wanted to ride it, we hesitantly tried to put Lewis on solo, too...I was saying please don't stand up, please don't stand up, etc., but I'm happy to say that he sat in his train car the whole time! I think he was glad to have Colin there--I saw Lewis look back a few times at Colin, and he seemed reassured to have him sitting behind him.
1st time around with Kevin
2nd time around, riding solo
Here comes Thomas, back to the station!
As the miniature train rides were wrapping up, Thomas arrived back, so he headed over to the boarding area:
All aboard!
Mama and Lewis on the train
Lewis seemed semi-interested in the train ride, at least on the way out. On the way back, he was kind of fidgety and wanting to walk around. It was just around a 20 minutes round-trip, I think.
Our last stop was to meet Sir Topham Hatt:
Checking out his big shoes
Sir Topham Hatt
It seems Lew has just started noticing Sir Topham Hatt and saying his name the past few weeks, so I'm glad he knew who he was in time to meet him!
It was a fun morning and great to see Maggie, Keith, and Colin. The museum itself is just under an hour from us, so we might go back sometime to check out other exhibits. They have special events for Halloween, Christmas, etc. and other cartoon character days (like Dinosaur Train, which we haven't seen yet).
No comments:
Post a Comment