As I mentioned the other day, we are easing into transitioning Lewis to a twin bed sometime in the next few weeks. For now, it's set up in his room where his crib used to be, and he is sleeping in his crib on the opposite wall. We now have construction truck sheets on it and his Thomas blanket, and he sits on it and lays on it sometimes during the day. I thought I'd post a few pictures of the day we brought it home and set it up--I think he likes it!
Big Boy Bed!
Jumping on the bed
One of his favorite books is 5 (or 10) Little Monkeys, and he'll jump and say Jumping-on-the-BED (pause) Jumping-on-the-BED! Over and over...his sweet cousin Juniper taught him this particular skill over the holidays last year. :) He doesn't do it all of the time that he's on the bed, thank goodness. Though, I'm sure our little monkey will inevitably fall off and bump his head many times.
Things are going crazy out in the garden! We have picked/eaten a few tasty strawberries, which Lewis gets excited about: Eat strawberries gar-deen! And one night this week, I made our first batch of pesto--so, so good (thanks, Schwee, for introducing me to basil)!
April 23
May 29
Real, live broccoli!
I need to look up when it's ready to be harvested. It seems to multiply overnight, so we'll probably be eating it soon.
From the other side, since the peas and broccoli now partially block the view.
One row of green beans came up nicely and the other didn't, so I replanted the 2nd row and am still waiting for it to emerge. They're the row in the path of Lewis' front loader (hmmm, maybe that's what happened to the other row...). :)
Tomatoes (and hopefully perennials from seed in the smaller pots)
I'm pretty sure I told myself to only do one tomato plant this year, but I ended up with a 2nd. I forget now which one is which--one is a cherry and one is a Big Boy, I think? Hopefully Lewis will help me eat them this summer (since Kevin is not a fan).
We've made a lot of trips to Home Depot and Lowe's the past month for gardening supplies. For awhile there, when I would ask Lewis what he wanted to do on a particular day, he'd either say: a) Home Depot geet-geet (which is how he says forklift...he loves when we find a forklift and get to watch it in action), b) Lowe's geet-geet, or c) McDonald's Play (which means he wants to go to the PlayPlace). I've kept us away from those places the past few weeks to break the cycle. :)


You have such a green thumb! That broccoli looks ready to eat. Hope Lewis will soon sleep in that nice bed so he can sleep in grammas twin bed on the 15th
ReplyDeleteWe'll try to make it happen by then. No guarantees it will go well--you might have to lay down with him to get him to sleep. :) Hopefully he does okay for you.
Delete