Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Fun

We are coming down from a fun-filled three day weekend! Lewis got to help pick out his big boy bed (a twin) on Saturday. By help, of course, I mean bounce along top of all of the beds on display. I have a few pictures of it that I'll post in a separate post--he's still sleeping in his turned-around crib for now. We are eeeeasing into it this time around.

Some pictures:
A Jimmy John's opened up the street--yippee!

Sunday we headed up to the Runyon's house for a picnic:
Two of my favorite things, beer and babies (Gordon).
Lewis got to help feed and meet the cows.
And swim!
He seems to be getting better at kicking his feet (and splashing people around him). Still working on getting him to use his arms.
Tossing the ball (er, getting hit in the head) with sweet Avery.
Shivering on the sidelines
He'd get out and sit on the side or on the swing, and his teeth would be chattering. The air temperature was pretty cool most of the day, so it was definitely better to be in the water (or on dry land with dry clothes on, as I preferred).
So much land to roam and mow.
He borrowed Carter's bubble-blowing mower and ran all over the yard with it. I'm pretty sure he used up the whole bottle of bubbles.
Getting a push from Avery. :)
Sweet baby Gordon went swimming for the first time!
Lew found the tractor and mower and golf cart--he was in heaven!
Riding the golf cart with Kevin, Don, and Carter
So much fun!

We ran out to the splash park Monday morning, and it was packed. Lewis didn't really get fully into the water--he stayed around the perimeter and got very lightly sprayed. He also ran over to the playground part:
Whee!
And super wheeeeee!
That particular trip down the slide was super fast--his trunks must have dried off enough or something. His feet just about flew up over his head!

This morning, we hit up the splash park at the zoo, where he definitely got fully drenched:
Riding the seal.
I know we'll spend many more mornings there this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment