Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fun at Waterfront Park

Last week, we headed down to Waterfront Park with Tonya and Carlton to play and have a picnic. I learned a very important lesson that day--if a news crew walks towards you, walk the other way! Ignore, ignore, ignore. I ended up getting sucked into their friendly trap, and now Lewis and I are going to be on the news one night this week. We were the only people at the playground--if only they'd come out like an hour later, they would have had 25-30 people to choose from. Alas, I hope they edit me well or cut me out altogether. :)
Excavator!
This one was the taller version, but Lewis and I sat on the shorter version for a while and dug in the sand. It really does take a lot of coordination to work the scoop, but he loved it. He kept talking about it that afternoon, so I guess we'll have to go back for him to scoop and dump again soon. 
Riding the tractor
The mower in the background was very exciting, too. He watched it zip by a few times--it was one of those that goes really fast. 
The Belle of Louisville
We watched her take off on a cruise and then return back a hour or so later--she's the oldest operating steamboat in the U.S., built in 1914. (I had to look all of that up.) 
Lewis, of course, was interested in the 'Boat!' I had to hold his arm tightly because there's nothing down there keeping him from falling into the river. It made me more than a bit anxious, so we headed back up to the playground soon after. 
Bouncing with his buddy 
He was just tall enough to hold onto the shorter side of this, but he wanted to try it out. I spun him around slowly a few times without him falling (it's tilted), but I think it will be a few years before he can make it spin by himself.
And finally, lunchtime!
It ended up being a really pretty day, and quite a lot of people came down on their lunch breaks to have lunch or take a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment