Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mow Grass!, Kevin to the Oaks, and Oh, How the Dogs Rule Our World

This is another conglomeration of pictures from Kevin's phone that I've fallen behind on posting:

First, Lewis' love for 'Water gar-deen?!' has shifted to 'Mow grass?!' Dada mow grass, Mama mow grass, and Lewis Pete mow grass! He gets reeeeeally excited to 'mow' inside, 'mow' outside, and 'mow' while we actually mow. It's too cute--he does get pretty upset when we tell him no (like when it's raining outside), so we're working on that (usually by diverting his attention to other fun things). We've also started keeping his mower outside for the most part, too, because he runs really fast circles with it inside the house, and it is SO loud (it has a ball popper built in).
:)
 
 
Starting 'er up!
This week, I've tried mowing the backyard with him outside with me, and that has gone surprisingly well! He sits on the back stairs with his mower and watches me mow, just waiting to be called on to help (it seems). He ventured out into the yard a few times, but whenever I came near with the mower, he'd sit again. I think the loudness is just enough to scare him, but he really (really) wants to help. 

Kevin had the chance to go the Oaks this year with his work! It sounds like they had a nice day--so-so food, free drinks, and great weather (unlike the Derby the following day).
His view of the tracks from the suite (the finish line is at the end of this straightaway).

Go, baby, go! (Not the Oaks.)
After spending most of the day there, he actually headed out just before the Oaks race to beat the traffic. Good plan--he was home for dinner!

Looking fly, guy!
They actually sent out a dress code, which I found to be very fun. (Pink is the suggested color for Oaks, hence the bright pink tie.)
Dada, Lew, and Lew's horse
I think Great-Grandma DeeDee got that horse for Lewis (Mom?). He must have heard us talking about horses or something because he all of a sudden started carrying it around. We even had to put it in a chair at the lunch table with us one day to stop him from freaking out. Another meal, Kevin had it sitting in a chair, holding the syrup bottle for us with its hooves. :) Lewis has also wanted to 'play horsey' which is when you bounce him on your knee or bounce him on the arm of the couch.

And finally, I took this picture of the dogs the other morning to approximate how much room they take up on our bed vs. how much room they leave us. If it's just Peter on the bed, he will stretch out diagonally and take up just as much space as he and Hattie do, combined. Hattie's usually a bit more considerate and will ball herself up in between my feet. :) Obviously we don't mind too much.
Our sweet pups.

4 comments:

  1. too cute!!! yes, the horsey was a GW treasure of gramma DeeDee's. Love those sandals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, thanks--I thought it was from her. He tries to ride it sometimes and also Peter (which, of course, we don't encourage)...poor dog. :)

      Delete
  2. We have the same bedding! Is that a duvet cover? We have sheets and pillowcases in that same pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a duvet cover, yes! I love that we chose the same pattern from afar. I got it for 70% off at Target a few months ago. :)

      Delete