We had a fun-filled weekend, starting with Kevin running the mini on Saturday morning.
Go, Kevin, go!
He is near the orange cones, just to the left of center of the photo. Dark gray shirt, gray shorts. Right above the guy's head in front of me with the black fleece with white Adidas logo on it.
After he crossed the finish line, Lewis and Grandma and Grandpa T. and I started to head to meet up with Kevin. I looked over and saw a guy from Louisville (Wil Heuser) who was on last summer's Big Brother season (Kevin and I love Big Brother)! I was a total dork and went up and asked to get my picture with him--I wish Kevin could have met him, too. I think I said something like that--like 'Oh, we just loved you--my husband won't believe it.' So now I've met him and the guys from eastern Kentucky who were on the Amazing Race a few seasons ago.
He looked so fabulous after running 13.1 miles, and I looked like hell after power-walking a mile from the car through drizzle so I didn't miss Kevin crossing the finish line. Oh well! It was fun to meet him. He was very nice and a very fast runner--Kevin looked him up and said he finished like 95th overall! That's crazy talk.
We headed home, had lunch, and then headed up to Bloomington to meet up with my parents for the weekend. We stayed out at the Fourwinds resort on Lake Monroe which was really nice--we've talked about going back in the summer when we could rent a boat, get a tan, swim in the pool, play at the (lake) beach, etc.
Great Blue Heron
The first night, we tried sitting out on the patio as Kevin was putting Lewis to bed. I noticed a heron out on the dock, looking for its dinner. It was peaceful for a little while, but then Kevin came outside for help--Lewis bumped his head again.
Quite the goose egg there, buddy.
We've had problems sleeping away from home for quite awhile now--Lew won't stay in the pack 'n' play and won't stay in a bed unless you lay with him until he falls asleep. At the hotel, he was getting up and running around (in the dark) instead of calming down, and he bumped his forehead on the desk. So we iced his head, and Kevin and I both laid down with him. It was pretty frustrating--I think he finally fell asleep at 10pm (normal time is 7:45-8pm) and woke up at 4:30am, kind of sleeping off-and-on until 7:30am. Thankfully he was so tired by the 2nd night (from that and from not napping), he fought sleep less and slept from about 9pm-8am.
Anyway, after breakfast that first morning, we went swimming:
Lewis and Maw (that's what he kept calling her vs. Gramma...just Maw) :)
Lewis and Papaw
These next three pictures make me smile--Kevin was disappearing under the water and then jumping out to surprise Lewis.
Where's Dada?
There he is!
His new floatie worked really well--he was able to figure out how to balance his body so that he could float around on his own some. We went down to the deep end, and I dropped him in from the side a few times--the floatie popped him right back up to the surface. He'd say 'Ageeen!' (again), and he'd climb the ladder and I'd drop him in again. He seemed to enjoy swimming much more than he did the last few times we took him, so maybe we'll give lessons another go around sometime soon.
Part II coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment