Friday, June 28, 2013

To the Park, Flash Flooding, and Baby Birds

These are a few pictures I took at the park last weekend.
Wild Man Lew, climbed that all on his own
Dada, Swing!!
He was also yelled 'Mama, Swing' a few times, so all three of us swang together (is swang a word?).

The other night we had a lot of rain over a short period of time, and our front ditch flooded, as it has a few other times:
There's a car (driving way too fast) under there.
Thankfully it went down pretty quickly. Lewis and I had fun that day watching the storm come in.

We've had robin's nests on our porch lights the past few years, but I don't remember seeing actual babies (just some broken shells). I was super excited to peek up there yesterday to see this:
One little open mouth (on the right)
Today I spied a few more, waiting for their breakfast
I think there are 3 of them.
Mama Robin, giving me the eye
She flies off when we open or close the door, so we usually see her on the wire, on the roof, or on the fence, with a worm hanging out of her mouth. We don't get much nature here in the city, so I'll take what little bits I can get. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment