Saturday, June 22, 2013

Our Little Helper (with a few other pics mixed in)

Looking through pictures from this week, I have a lot of Lewis helping us. May he continue to be a sweet, willing helper:
Helping dump the compost (which is blurry)
I was inside doing dishes, watching Lewis carry the compost bucket out with Kevin. Before I could grab the camera and get outside, they were already back to the pile to dump it. He definitely likes to help with that, and he's also good about putting things into the recycling bin when we ask him to (and he likes to help Kevin move recycling from the 'house' bin into the 'curbside' bin, which I've posted pictures of before).
 Doing a 10-foot long alphabet train puzzle
Not necessarily help-related, but I'm throwing it in here anyway. He's really into puzzles the past few weeks and is getting very good at them! There are some 12-piece ones that he has mastered, and he's getting better with the 24-piece ones (he's matching colors and trying the pieces different ways--still gets frustrated at times). This looooong train one is in alphabetical order, so we roughly lay out the pieces in order across the room and he puts them all together (after some trial/error). Then he usually takes his Thomas ride-on toy and rides on top of the completed puzzle, yelling chooooo chooooo!
 Helping make Peter more comfortable and cozy for naptime. :)
Poor Peter... He'll do this to Hattie, too, but she's generally not as tolerant (as we all know).
 Swimming with Dada
Again, not help-related. Though it could be said he was helping Kevin keep cool--he poured cold hose water on Kevin's head and down his back a few times. :)
 Helping make the water dirty--haha.
He got his dump trunk from the garden (covered in dirt) and put it in the pool. And his 2 lawn chairs, his dirty shoes (over and over again), etc. Oh well. :)
 Helping wash all the Waycross dust off of Dada's car
Pretty soon, he might just be able to help with some DIY projects. :)
He's really taken to this toy I found at Goodwill. 'Drill!' 'Screwdriver!' As he gets older, he can try to copy patterns from cards that came with it. For now, he just likes to drive the bolts in.

No comments:

Post a Comment