One morning after waking up
Lewis: (toot)
Mama: (smiled to myself)
Lewis: My farted-ted!
Mama: Hahahaha. Yes, you did!
The fart itself was funny. Even having said 'I farted' would have been funny, but the 'My farted-ted' pushed it over the edge for me. :) He's been using 'My' instead of 'I' as he speaks, and it was particularly adorable in this situation.
----------
Making observations about Peter
Lewis: Peter has a belly! Peter has a penis!
----------
He has a book about Mater that we have two copies of, and he's been really into reading 'his' copy while Kevin or I read 'our' copy at the same time. We've read it so much lately that he can finish our sentences and/or recite the whole page. His favorite page talks about Mater and Lightning McQueen going tractor tippin'...'there's nothing in the world better than that!'
So the other day, he was rolling around a stroller inside the house, leaned it back on the handles, and said...
Lewis: Tractor tippin'!
Maybe you had to be there for that one...it was funny, I promise. And smart. :)
----------
Trying to get Kevin to take him downstairs to play trains
Lewis: Dada take you downstairs?
Kevin: No, not right now, buddy.
Lewis: Dada take you downstairs? (Answers himself...) Okay!
And he grabbed Kevin's hand and tried to make him go. :)
----------
Grandma and Grandpa Thompson took him to Kalightoscope at the Galt House yesterday, with Christmas lights and Santa and a train that he got to ride (3 times!). As they were leaving afterwards, I said:
Mama: What do you say to Grandma and Grandpa for taking you on your special day to see the lights and the train?
Lewis: CHOO CHOO!
I was trying to get him to say 'thank you' but quickly realized I was being too wordy. I know he was appreciative--he hasn't stopped talking about riding the green choo-choo train and has been playing with his blue train souvenir. (So thank you!) :)
Hey maybe CHOO CHOO! is the new chic way to say Thank you!?!...That's too adorable!!! I <3 it!
ReplyDelete:) ha. The boy has trains on the brain.
Deletewas that the train he cried on last year??
ReplyDeleteYES! What a difference a year makes! He rode it by himself...once in the back and twice up with the conductor who let him ring the bell.
Delete