Friday, December 6, 2013

Napping and a Thanksgiving Recap

I'm sure that as soon as I type this out, Lewis will prove me wrong, but he is NAPPING this week! (It has been since July that I could say that, FYI, when we made the switch to the twin bed.) I'm not sure why the sudden sleepiness, but I'm not complaining a bit! 

About a month ago, on a tip from a friend, I bought a video monitor with a 2-way radio to watch him and tell him to stay in his bed. After just a few days of that, he would stay in his bed for about an hour to an hour and a half, unprompted, quietly playing or looking at a book. And in the mornings, he stays in his bed until we come and open his door--amazing and unexpected.

He did have a lot of fun over the the long Thanksgiving weekend, so he might have finally just succumbed to the months and months of not getting quite enough sleep. He could also be growing, or I did just put some new soft, cozy, flannel sheets on his bed. Maybe the new sheets were just enough to take him over the edge to Sleepville. Regardless, this week has been good.

Back to Thanksgiving weekend, I did not take as many pictures as I'd hoped to! It was our year to spend with Kevin's family, so we didn't have any travel. We went to his parents' house on Thursday and his friend's house on Friday. Saturday, Kevin and I went to see Catching Fire and Sunday was the day we went to get our Christmas tree.

Here are the few pics that I did take from Thanksgiving Day at Grandma and Grandpa Thompson's house:
 Making sure his plate and fork and spoon were ready for dinnertime
Which is funny since he barely touched the delicious food that Sharon made. :)
 Cheese!
 After-dinner sillies with Mama
 Hi, Grandma!
Lewis took that one, if you couldn't tell. Haha.
And loading up balls in his front end loader

No comments:

Post a Comment