Monday, April 22, 2013

I Go Away for One Weekend...

And this happens:
Ouch!
Kevin sent me this picture Saturday evening--Lewis missed a step off the porch and landed flat on his face. Sadly, it's only looking worse as it heals. And I'm totally just kidding that it's anywhere near Kevin's fault...life happens, whether I'm here or not. He's conquered those stairs hundreds of times now on his own. He's okay, maybe just looking a bit more badass while his face scabs over and heals. :)
Day Two
Day Three (today)
with Neosporin on it

He has a new game he likes to play at the dinner table or on the changing table. He'll hide his face in a piece of clothing or a tablecloth, in this case. He says 'Lewis Pete!' That is his way of saying 'Where is Lewis Pete?' sort of like peek-a-boo. We say 'Where is he? Where did he go? etc.' until he drops the tablecloth (or clothes) and giggles, like 'Here I am! I was here all along!' It hasn't gotten old for him (or us) yet. 
Lewis Pete! 
There he is!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, No!!! Poor Lewis baby! He and Matilda have matching faces. She fell outside too but his looks worse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) His looks a lot better now--I was able to wipe away some of the scabs in his bath the other day, and now you can barely see that he was scraped up.

      Delete
  2. Juni wanted me to tell Lew that he looks super tough with his face all scraped up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) He says, 'Thanks, Juni!' Every scar, a story.

      Delete