Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Particular, Pukey, and/or Particularly Pukey

Lewis has a bug. He threw up twice on Saturday, first in the car on the way to sweet Amelia's 1st birthday party. :( Then again a few hours later. We were just kind of having poo issues Sunday-Tuesday, and then last night at dinner--BAM! More puke. And again at breakfast this morning. He's not been eating much of anything (crackers, cereal, toast), but he's still finding ways to throw up. I'd given him some milk yesterday morning, but now we're strictly on water until he perks up a bit. He won't take Pedialyte in any form, so hopefully water and crackers and dry cereal and toast will sustain him for now. It's so sad to see him feel so lousy. Luckily, Kevin and I have both been spared so far. After each puking incident, I think both of us teeter for a few hours on whether we might also be getting sick. So far, it's just been the smell of it that makes us both queasy. :/ Yuck.

In the meantime, we've been taking it easy at the house. I've had a chance to clean out the garage and the food cabinets and the medicine cabinets--there's not much that excites me more than throwing out expired food and meds. :) It invigorates me, especially when stuck at the house with a sick kiddo.

Onto some pictures. First, a few from last Friday morning when Kevin's parents took Lewis:
Toot-Tooting Along in his Taxi at the mall 
And checking out his Easter gift from them--a picnic table!
He loves it already. He'll take his snack cup or water out and sit there for a minute. I bought us a small dining table for the patio, so hopefully this summer we'll have lots of meals out there at our tables. :)

Now onto the particular part:
He's been lining up his cars and other toys the past week or so. If you move one, he carefully puts it back in its place. They aren't straight-straight, but he seems to line them up by the axles of their wheels. He'll line up the big ones (his shopping cart, ride-on Thomas, and big dump truck) all over the house. 

Again, in the garage this morning: 
Look what I did, Ma!
Five minutes earlier, everything was neatly organized (by me) on and around the small black shelves in the upper left (and some hanging from the pegboard). He apparently prefers a different arrangement! :) I just bought the shelves for him the other day so that he could easily access his sidewalk chalk, bubbles, balls, etc. (Previously, they were up on the workbench shelf, next to a pick ax and Round-up, and he was finding a way to get things down, so it was only a matter of time before he got into the contraband.) 
Next thing I knew, he was onto a different arrangement. 
Lining up the chairs as a finishing touch. :)
I'm not sure if I've done this to him, being overly-detailed and organized, myself, or if it's just a phase. Google tells me it's most likely just a phase, so we'll see.

Hopefully this bug makes its way out soon! Until then, it's more spring cleaning for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment