Hitting the peas
And strawberr-bies (that's how he says it) :)
Carrots
The garden so far
We have pea seeds coming up nicely on either side of the trellis. One broccoli plant in the lower right corner. Six strawberry plants above the broccoli. And some Brussels sprout seeds (spell-check made me spell it that fancy way--I thought it was just simply 'brussel sprout') and carrot seeds starting to come up. The carrots are in 2-liter bottles so Lewis can watch them as they grow, and the Brussels sprouts are just for fun to see if we can actually grow them (since we like to grill them).
Why are my feet getting wet?!
He stood there for a good 30 seconds with the watering jug upside down. His shorts and shoes were soaked through--he did finally realize he was doing it to himself and turned it rightside up. :)
In addition to watering the garden, he waters other things like the grass, the side of the garage, and his picnic table. :)
I just went out to get the mail earlier and saw how big these flowers (viola) have gotten:
It seems they weren't that big at all last week. I have a tendency to forget to water things that I don't see every day, and these, being on the front porch, fall into that category. I'll have to remember that these are resilient to my negligence. :) I planted them about six weeks ago--I was at Home Depot for something else and saw that flowers were being delivered, and I got really excited for spring. I remember the dirt was literally frozen when I took them out of their containers to plant. I'm glad they're doing well now--they must like the rain and warmer temperatures we've had the past few weeks.
wow! you have been busy in your garden. it looks great and i notice you aren't putting monster tomatoes in there again. i have decided not to garden. I just don't think I'd be good at it and if we have another drought it would die because we will be gone in July. I was noticing there is a dump truck in yours. Hopefully Lewis doesn't decide to help you dig your garden.LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am putting in ONE tomato plant, bell pepper, zucchini, green beans, and basil (I think that's all), but not until May/June.
DeleteI think you should give gardening a try--it's fun to see what you can grow. [Although, you might have deer to contend with at your house.] I remember having to water last year as things were getting going in May/June, but after that, it seems I didn't have to water as much.
And the dump truck was parked there a few weeks ago, but he (thankfully) hasn't played with it since the plants went in. I'm keeping an eye on him. :)