Friday, January 17, 2014

Lewis the Truest, Volume 4

As he's running full speed at me, which can be terrifying...

Lewis: (yells) HERE MY COME!!!

It's so freaking funny, every time I hear it. And it also makes me laugh because it sounds like something out of a horror movie at times, like Zombie Lewis. That, mixed with a little bit of Sloth from The Goonies saying, 'Hey, you guuuuys!'

We sometimes play chase, and we'll say, 'Here I come!' or 'Mama's/Dada's gonna get you!,' so that's where he gets it. I know he's still figuring out proper pronoun usage. :)

----------

One day (before Thanksgiving), I was unloading the car after running errands (the back of my car was full of groceries, wine, beer, etc.). I took in the groceries and started putting them away while Lewis was 'playing' outside. Next thing I knew, he was coming in the house, saying:

Lewis: Got the beer!
Mama: (thought) OH, &$%#!

Sure enough, he'd grabbed the 12-pack of beer (bottles) from my car (an SUV) and somehow moved it to the ground. Whether it was gentle or jarring, I'm not sure--I don't think he's strong enough to really lift it cautiously, but all of the bottles were still intact, so no harm, no foul. So helpful, he is. :)

----------

Last week, while driving home (on the interstate, of course):

Lewis: Mama, get it out?
Mama: Get what out?
Lewis: An m&m.
Mama: An m&m? Where is there an m&m?
Lewis: In my nose.
Mama: Oh, dear.

I should note that it was only a mini m&m. I handed him a Kleenex and asked if he could blow his nose, but he barely does that when I hold the Kleenex for him. I exited at the first place I could and pulled into a gas station, and all I could see was red/chocolate-y residue in his nostril. He wouldn't blow his nose for me, either, so I called Kevin to Google it and ended up calling the pediatrician. The pediatrician's office had to call me back because they weren't sure what to do, and the nurse who called me back said her daughter had done the same thing when she was 2! :) For future reference, she recommended we put him in a warm shower to help melt it out, but by the time she returned my call, he already had red/chocolate-y snot coming out of his nose. If it were a peanut m&m, that could have been more urgent, but thankfully Lewis chose the least harmful variety of m&m.

----------

If I break out into song and/or dance, he says:

Lewis: ALL DONE!

And insists that I stop doing whatever I'm doing. He obviously does not appreciate my sweet beats. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment