Monday, June 2, 2014

Lewis the Truest, Vol. VII

At my cousin, Mallory's, graduation party, Lewis buddied up with one of Mallory's cousins, Christian, who is 5 years old. I didn't hear their exchange, but my mom came out of the house laughing and told us this:

Christian:   Where do you live?
Lewis:   In Go Cards. In downtown Go Cards.

:) Hahaha. We were really surprised that he answered the question at all--I figured he would have just said 'dah' for 'I don't know.' Lo, and behold, he knows just where he lives. In the land of those Louisville Cardinals. :)

----------

Lewis was hanging out in his room while I was putting laundry away, and I noticed that he was humming a song (which happens a lot). He then added words, which made me smile:

Baa, baa, Gordon, 
Have you any wool? 
Yes, poop, yes, poop, 
Three bags full.

We did see Gordon last weekend, so I guess he was just on his mind. :)

----------

We were playing with Play-doh this morning. Rolling it out, cutting out shapes, etc. We were discussing the different animal shapes and the different colors:

Lewis: What's that? (pointing to a can of that weird fluorescent red-colored Play-doh)
Mama: It's kind of a red color.
Lewis: It's pink, actually.

:) Actually, eh?! Well, well, well. It cracked me up to hear him use that word in a sentence. And with such emphasis! 

-----------

At the splash park the other day, after finishing his baggie of crackers:

Lewis: More crackers?
Mama: They're all gone. You ate them all!
Lewis: They're all gone. We need to go buy more of them at the cracker shop.

Not sure where, exactly, the cracker shop is, but it sounds like heaven to me. :) He's said something similar about needing to go to Kroger or Target when we've run out of something.

4 comments: