I found an almost-new fetal heart rate monitor at a yard sale, so of course I bought it to play around with. I was finding the heartbeat the other day, and Lewis noticed the little heart flashing on the screen (indicating that a heart beat had been found):
Lewis: There's a heart!
Mama: Yep, there sure is.
Lewis: The heart tells us that the baby is sweet.
My sweet boy. :)
----------
He has always had a thing about twirling my hair, and it's increased again recently. If we're sitting next to each other on the couch, he reaches up and grabs a few strands and twirls it around in his fingers (and sometimes pulls out a strand--ouch!). The other day, Hattie jumped up on the couch next to Lewis (so it was Mama-Lewis-Hattie), and with one hand in my hair and the other in hers, he said:
Lewis: These are my girls!
:) Cracked me up.
----------
In the car, driving to vacation:
Lewis: Where's my apple?
Mama: It's all gone! You ate it.
Lewis: It's all gone. It went down a pipe, through my leg, and into my foot.
At this point, Kevin (driving), started laughing because he thought Lewis said into my BUTT, not foot. :)
----------
We are on vacation (yay!) and Lewis has been making friends with kids at the beach and the pool. He met a boy yesterday who was 5 y.o., and this was their conversation:
Boy: Can you hold your nose and put your head underwater like this? (shows Lewis a few times and continues to ask Lew to try to do it, too)
Lewis: I can NOT put my head under the water. I put my head on my pillow, like this. (As he lays his head to the side, on the surface of the water, like he's taking a nap on the water.)
It totally cracked me up, and I'm still laughing when I think about it. The other boy was getting so frustrated by Lewis not trying to swim like him, but Lew was oblivious. It was too cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment