Tuesday, June 17, 2014

To the Beach!

We are currently at the beach (Surf City, NC) and are having a great time--spending our days between the beach, the pool, napping, eating, reading, etc. It rained/stormed the day we checked in (Saturday), but we've had blue skies and temperatures in the mid-80s since then.

Our internet connection was not great the first few days, but we've since discovered a sweet spot in the condo where the wi-fi is better for whatever reason.

First, as I was packing in the back of the house last week, I heard Lewis in the kitchen getting something together. I think he thought he was helping by packing his most important item--snacks:
Sweet little stinker
I walked into the dining room to see him with these containers, full of Goldfish and Teddy Grahams. He'd started eating some, too, of course. :)

After the rain on Saturday afternoon, we did make it down to check out the beach:
Looking for shells
He instantly took it upon himself to try to return every shell back into the ocean. He'd pick them up and run them back into the surf. :)
My boys :)
 :)

Sunday (Father's Day) was our first full day here, so we spent all morning at the beach and the afternoon at the pool. One thing we didn't expect/had forgotten was how TIRED the beach and the sun makes you. Kevin said it was a good sign on Sunday when Lewis asked to wear a certain pair of PJs for nap--he was ready to sleep then, and he's napped well each day and gone down for us well each evening. We're glad for that because he'd been staying up a little too late the past few weeks at home.

Here's Sunday:
Happy Father's Day!
aka The Day That Lewis Ran From 9:30am to 12:30pm
He ran up and down the beach, he ran back and forth to get water for our sandcastles. It's no wonder he was exhausted!
Our little river town we built
Lewis really liked watching the water flow down the river and into the lake at the bottom. He was determined to fill up the lake, but it kept draining back into the sand (as it does). That's what kept him running back and forth for more water--he was determined to make it work.
Flying a kite
Our little $1 kite from Dollar Tree flew pretty well! Adie, we thought of you and your kite in the Outer Banks!

After spending the afternoon at the pool, we wrapped up Father's Day with dinner on the deck:
A nice end to our very full first day!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip! I can't wait until Otis is old enough not to put everything in his mouth every time we go anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun and relaxing and I'm not sure if I'll be able to go back to our normal schedule. :) And Lewis DID put a piece of ocean plant in his mouth--we were collecting shells, and I showed him the plant, and he tried to eat it. Like, wtf, buddy?! Bad choice. :)

      Delete