Thursday, June 12, 2014

Splishing and Splashing

Last week we had many days in the 90s, so planned a playdate with the kiddie pool. Tonya and Carlton came over, and we did some painting and science experimenting--it was a fun, not-too-hot morning.

The boys started out in the pool:
I love their smiles! :)
They each would fall on their butts from standing, make a splash, laugh, and get up and do it all over again. It went on for a good while.

I got out Lewis' finger paints and stamps because he's been into that lately:
Here Lew is saying, 'My hands are dirty! Wipe them off!' 
Imagine that. :)
Meanwhile, Carlton was rubbing the paint around on his hands, without a care in the world. :)

Tonya brought over a science experiment for us to try--make your own lava lamp:
What's it going to do?
The bottle had baby oil and (red) water in it.
Adding the Alka-Seltzer
Whoa! That's so cool!
More! Again?
He loaded it up with the remaining Alka-Seltzer at the end and watched it all bubble up. It was very cool! I've never seen that one done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment