Thursday, July 10, 2014

Lewis the Truest, Part X

The night before leaving for 4th of July, Kevin had to work late (11pm?!). I was in the kitchen, listening to Pandora and prepping food for the cookouts. Just when I thought Lewis might be asleep, I heard something very loud and clear, in the sweetest southern accent (all the 'I's were looong):

Lew: LIFE IS A HIGHWAY, I WANT TO RIDE IT ALL NIGHT LONG!

He repeated it a few times, clear as can be, and then he was silent and fell asleep. I was totally cracking up and had to call Kevin to tell him. I think we had watched Cars that day for the umpteenth time (and that song is in that movie), but I've never once heard him sing it aloud before. It was too cute. :) He wouldn't sing it for Kevin the next day, but finally the other night, he sang a little of it for him as we were getting ready for bed.

----------

As we got to the exit for my parents' house, Hattie started to whimper in her crate. (She 'knows' and gets excited when we get off the interstate and onto an exit.)

Lewis: It's okay, Baby Girl. We're almost there, Baby Girl.

:) He has many nicknames for her--Baby Girl, Hattie Boo, Hattie Roo, Pretty Girl, to name a few. He loves the dogs so much (as they do him, most of the time). 

----------

We hit up the playground one morning while in New Castle. Lewis went down the slide and kind of missed a step and ended up on his butt about halfway down (it was short, but steep). He's been really into me kissing boo-boos to make them feel better the last week or so. He got up from the slide and said:

Lewis: Kiss my butt. Kiss my butt, mama.

:) And there, on the playground, Mama kissed his butt, and he said, 'It feels better.'

----------

Also at the playground, there were some overly social squirrels that kept coming close to us. He walked over to one and said:

Lew: Hi, Squirrely. My name is Lewis!

Unfortunately we were the only people at the playground until it was almost time to go, so I think he was just looking for a friend to play with. :)

----------

I almost forgot about this one! I wasn't there to see it, but while Lewis was staying with Grandma and Grandpa T. a few weeks ago, Grandma took off his shorts/underwear (or swim trunks, I forget) in the backyard. He apparently squatted in the yard, peed, and said:

Lew: I'm peeing like a dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment