Just as I got all caught up on blogging, the rest of July happened! To be fair, we also got a new computer (because ours started revving up and sounding like it was going to explode), so I've been slow to warm up to the change of figuring out the new one. We've been busy with Lewis at camp, going out to play in this g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s weather, planning a big 60th birthday for my mom (last weekend), and visiting with my sister, niece, and nephew who are in from Boise. This morning, I had a volunteer event, so Lewis is off on a caving adventure with Grandma and Grandpa T. (that I can't wait to hear about). I'm finally sitting down to try to catch up (again).
Way back on July 15th, according to my camera, we went out to Carlton's house to play for the morning. We played with Carlton's new train table, on the swing set, and on ride-ons. Lewis took off on this tractor/trailer combo, but he couldn't keep up with Carlton who had a super nice (and fast!) tricycle. Through a combination of Mama helping push while he steered, we made it down the road and back.
Wait up, buddy! I'm a-comin'!
If you look closely, Tonya and Carlton are waaaay down the road.
Another morning, just Lew and I went to the park (Hounz Lane) for the playground and the creek. He spent most of the time walking along the banks of the creek and down under the bridge:
Hello, down thar!
I was on the bridge above him. :)
Whee!
He did play at the playground some before it started raining. He and a little girl were chasing each other down the slide and back up around the stairs. I'm not sure if Lewis knew he was playing a game with her, but I sort of egged it on. I giggled at her every time she came down the slide, and she ran like she thought he was chasing her. :) She was adorable.
That weekend was Carlton's big 3rd birthday and party:
Lewis ran upstairs and found the tractor and tiller from our previous playtime that week.
Helping Carlton open his gift
Lewis wanted to go to Carlton's party for days before, simply so he could give him the gift and play with it, himself. :) He (Lew) had trouble understanding that the toy was for Carlton, so at one point, we had to take a break outside for him to calm down. He did and was happy going back to playing with the tractor.
That's a nice segue into the next set of pictures. Lewis didn't nap that day, and the party was right at his prime 'meltdown' time, so please enjoy:
:) I forget now what we were saying/doing/singing that set him off. I thought we were singing Happy Birthday, but then Tonya posted a video of that, sans Lew freaking out. I was laughing too hard to remember now.
Happy birthday to Carlton!
By the end of that and singing, it looked like Lewis was the one blowing out the candles (which he did help Carlton with). Carlton really likes to sing Happy Birthday, so I think that's why he's clapping (after the song ended).
We had a very nice time at the party, and Lewis slept very well that night. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment