Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer Snapshots

These are mostly pictures from Kevin's phone that I've slacked on posting:
 Packing himself and his toys up in his suitcase :)
 Lewis' First Corn on the Cob
I know, it seems he should have already done that, huh.
 Dad and Lew Time at the Playground
 Lunch w/Dad at Firehouse Subs
I forget what I was out doing, but I remember that I wrote back, 'Is he in pain?' :) He was just stuck in a mid-Cheetos/cheesing-it smile.
 Mmmmm, Blueberry Pie
With the first round of blueberries I picked
Lew's new thing--Laying ON the Baby

Yesterday was one of those air-so-thick-you-could-cut-it-with-a-knife kind of hot and muggy days (my very least favorite). Thankfully we had some storms last night to clear things up and cool things down, but this was the dirty, sweaty Lew that emerged from the garden yesterday afternoon. He'd been digging in the dirt with his tractor and dump truck, and the dirt just stuck to him and mixed with the sweat and ew. Needless to say, he had a pre-dinner bath last night.
Happy as can be :)
Do I have something on my face?

The last few pics are from this morning (Lewis is taking a good, long nap today, so, for once, I'm caught up on blogging!)--we went over to the playground at Cherokee Park to enjoy this GORGEOUS weather. I chose that park because I thought it might have a nice number of kids, but not too many. We pulled in to see two buses of YMCA campers playing, too, which almost scared us away, but I'm glad we stayed. We ended up having a really good morning, and the kids he played with were really nice to him. Shortly after we arrived, they broke up for lunch and hikes and other activities, so we were left at the playground with just 30ish kids (vs. 100+ kids when we first got there).
This was his first time on the zipline--I wasn't sure how he'd do, but he held on for a good while until it slowed to a stop (then dropped to the ground).
The video is from another turn when he didn't stay on for quite as long. You'll notice he is wearing one green Croc and one orange one. That was his doing--I told him to get his shoes on while I was finishing getting ready, myself, and that was what he chose. :)
Enjoying our picnic in the shade
I actually got CHILLY for a few minutes, which was absolutely fabulous. Thank you, Canada and Japan, for altering our weather pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment